Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all, working on book #2.

Got 18.5k down in the last couple of days.

:)

[Trying hard not to skip over to book #4 and work on it too - but it's so enticing. ;)]

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
Morning.

I'm making up for yesterday by being sickeningly cheerful and as over productive as possible. :). When I go to bed tonight, I intend to have worked so hard that I crash as soon as my head hits the pillow.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Monday's been pretty banal, thankfully. Work was slow, but steady until the last 90 minutes, but it's over.

Now to finish the house stuff before Housemate comes home tomorrow at 2PM. As long as I've got the front room rearranged for the oxygen delivery tomorrow, it's golden.

I'll be so glad when I can get back to writing, even if it's revision.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I didn't have a great day today. Got out of bed this am, the room spun and I promptly landed on my ass. My wife took the day to take me to the hospital. I have a case of vitigo. Room spins whenever I move my head.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
My Mom has that constantly. She has it so bad, but her's goes end over end, not around.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone remember the small conversation about America's Got Talent with Howard Stern being a judge? He's actually being modest on the show. I haven't seen him make inappropriate comments yet.

On a side note, is it just me or are the judges standards of who goes to Las Vegas a little bit lower than usual?

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't have a great day today. Got out of bed this am, the room spun and I promptly landed on my ass. My wife took the day to take me to the hospital. I have a case of vitigo. Room spins whenever I move my head.

I had this when I was pregnant. You're not pregnant, are you?

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score

I've been having the same problem since the weekend. Not quite so bad, though. Hope you feel better soon.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
you know you can get over-the-counter tablets to help with motion sickness.

They have sand/silica in them.

Bonine is the brand name, but it's also called Mecchlazine at the pharmacy counter [mecchlazine is cheaper].

My mother was prescribed it by her doctor, and she has been using it for years. I take it every now and then when I start to feel the earth move under my feet. Great stuff.

Any pharmacist should know about it, so you can just ask ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't the Mythbusters show that chewing ginger root was the best medicine for motion/sea sickness?

My brain feels very muzzy, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong. Housemate is finally home so I'm going to allow myself to be sick tomorrow night (after I get home from work). I think I deserve the "time off".

She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'm seriously hoping that this noisy oxygen machine will be gone afterward. We have to crank the sound on the TV up an extra 8-10 notches to be able to hear with it running (which is has to do as long as she's in the house). Here's hoping. At least she's home and can deal with her own dogs. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Del, :Hug2: glad things are sort of settling in. :D

Hope all keeps going well and getting better.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't the Mythbusters show that chewing ginger root was the best medicine for motion/sea sickness?

Yes, yes they did. Way back in their earlier seasons, but yes. Taken ahead of time.

It was a very entertaining episode, in which you also learned how to make a "vomit chair."

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.