Registered
Reaction score
*reads yummy food post. Looks down at plain old peanut butter sandwich* :(

Anyone going to share?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Argh, so hungry. Soon I can go home and prep dinner. And eat peas straight off the vine for an appetizer.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Well, I suppose it's better than Danielle Steele or Harold Robbins. You do it because you believe. Anyway, if you kept it would you feel better? What's the point of money if you can't enjoy it?

I just finished my Bester short story. My brain is scrambled worse than an egg.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
THE SUN CAME OUT OH MY MULTIPLE GODS YEY WOOOOOO!

And it's staying out! But of course it would come back two dang days before I go back to Halifax.

The nearest neighbours are so far away that I'd run outside nekkid if the threat of deerflies wasn't present. Curse you, deerflies! Ah well. *puts on shorts* I'ma go get sunburnt.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yum. And some homegrown tomatoes?

No tomatoes yet, but soon. I like a toasted sammich with cheese and tomatoe. The later gets so gooey and sweet and warm :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Cantina.

Over in the P&CE forum, there is the revelation that listening to Motorhead will make you gay - which will come as news to quite a few noticeably hetero metal fans of my acquaintance. (One of whom was a woman I used to work with who fancied the pants off Lemmy.)

I have Bob Dylan and Metallica CDs in my collection. I've been listening to Dylan since my teens. Why did no-one tell me this before?

The weekend starts here!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that thread but resisted clicking over to PCE land.

Bettie, we need a pic :)

I see we are starting to add tags at the bottom of the thread. We should all fill the list with our insanityz :)

In other news, I put the red peeps only with mom and it is going really well. She's so happy to have babies again, and no Barred Rock peeps to compare to, that she is more accepting. The BRs will stay in the brooder until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they can be one big happy family. Except Pepper. She got permanently seperated for picking up chicks by their toes. 3-6 weeks and she'll be able to mingle again.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh well, there is still some good in the world. Sometimes.

And mama is doing well with the reds.
215c9b49.jpg

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I don't only comment so that I can mock. Sometimes I really am worried about the world. *thinks* Most of the time it is mocking, however... :D

I worry about the world, too. I'm just glad it doesn't bother intruding on Appalachia. We're like Switzerland: we're not big and scary, we're hard to find.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, more chick talk from me :D

Operation Red is going great. Mom hasnt pecked anybody once. I shooed them out from under her so they would eat, and mom staid on the nest and talked to them When the crows started screaming she made some urgent sounds and they came running back to her. Then she looked them over while they stood at her chest and everyone was happy. Then they all tucked under and mom is on the lookout for trouble, even though the only thing getting in this coop is a bear or a scrawny weasel or snake. And she could possibly kill a snake!

So yay. This makes my life easier. Meanwhile I'm still sitting in the coop watching for trouble... Short term time wastage will pay off. Plus, I'm filled with cute :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sunburn: usually worth it.

And if anyone is curious, that light spot at the end of little red's beak is an egg tooth. They use it to pip from the egg and later it falls off.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Nice pic, Fenika - it looks like it's lurking in wait to pounce!

There's a story title for you - The Lurking Chick.

It's quite late here - where did the evening go?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Hi hi! I miss you all!

Good evening Cantina.

Over in the P&CE forum, there is the revelation that listening to Motorhead will make you gay - which will come as news to quite a few noticeably hetero metal fans of my acquaintance. (One of whom was a woman I used to work with who fancied the pants off Lemmy.)

I have Bob Dylan and Metallica CDs in my collection. I've been listening to Dylan since my teens. Why did no-one tell me this before?

The weekend starts here!

No kidding. Uh oh. I listen to metal and hard rock, including Motorhead. I guess that's it for me. No more Jensen Ackles pretty :(

Oh, more chick talk from me :D

Operation Red is going great. Mom hasnt pecked anybody once. I shooed them out from under her so they would eat, and mom staid on the nest and talked to them When the crows started screaming she made some urgent sounds and they came running back to her. Then she looked them over while they stood at her chest and everyone was happy. Then they all tucked under and mom is on the lookout for trouble, even though the only thing getting in this coop is a bear or a scrawny weasel or snake. And she could possibly kill a snake!

So yay. This makes my life easier. Meanwhile I'm still sitting in the coop watching for trouble... Short term time wastage will pay off. Plus, I'm filled with cute :)

The picture was soooo cuuuute.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm finishing this book this weekend, if it kills me....

But right now, I'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.