Any dog whisperers/psychologists/loving experts here to advise?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't think there is any veterinary objection to pork other than the bones which famously splinter and cause damage internally. The main thing is that the raw diet has to be complete, which requires either supplements or using a whole ground animal diet (e.g. rabbit).

My approach to super-fartiness was to just buy a different bag of food until I found one that didn't cause farting.

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
There isn't any real problem with pork, and the bones are fine as long as they are raw. No cooked bones of any sort, ever.

By far the best researcher on the subject I've ever encountered is Sabine (Mordy). http://www.dogfoodproject.com/ Her consults are surprisingly affordable as well. I have several good friends whose dogs she has literally saved.

Canotila

Sever your leg please.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll second contacting Sabine in Liralen's link. My older dog developed epilepsy after being poisoned and was having really bad clusters of grand mal seizures weekly, which he'd come out of blind and with his rear legs not working. She put together a diet for him that was designed to take the stress off his system, since there are dietary components that can exacerbate epilepsy. After a couple of weeks, they were drastically better. Within the two months after going on her specialized diet he only had three bad clusters. It was incredible. After that period ended he stopped having them completely. It's been about two seizure-free unmedicated years now. I'll recommend her to anybody.

One thing I have heard with pork, is some cuts of pork are injected with saline shortly after the hog is butchered to begin the curing process/prevent spoilage of deep muscled cuts like hams and stuff. If that was a major part of the diet, all the extra salt could cause some problems. I don't think it's an issue once in a while though.