Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Last night's episode was great! The ending scene with Finch was awesome and it makes me think he has a closer relationship to the machine than Root anticipated. I also really liked that they like the guy that with Carter show some change. It was nice for him to not seem so robotic and that he was fleshed a bit.

On a side-note Elias is back next week!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Good last episode, I liked the ending. I DID NOT LIKE THE PREVIEW.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Good last episode, I liked the ending. I DID NOT LIKE THE PREVIEW.

I make a point of skipping the previews to avoid this type of reaction. Also, I like having the story revealed as it happens.

Still, it's not so easy to avoid commercials, which, if this one wasn't misleading, is going to leave me rather upset at the end of the 3-part storyline too.

Preacharomantic

Registered
Reaction score
I make a point of skipping the previews to avoid this type of reaction. Also, I like having the story revealed as it happens.

Still, it's not so easy to avoid commercials, which, if this one wasn't misleading, is going to leave me rather upset at the end of the 3-part storyline too.
I agree. I didn't see the preview. Carter was great in this eppy but I thought that her husband was dead. Didn't they say that he was dead last season? I guess they dug him up and hoped that we didn't remember that tidbit of info.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember them saying he was dead.

On a side-note, holy crap what a great episode!

For those that saw the preview:

I can't imagine "he" is the one that dies. But from what I've heard with him wanting to cut down on how much screen time he has (thus the influx of others), that would suck if he goes out because of that. It also wouldn't be the same of him leaving now and not the end of the series as a whole. When they say a hero will fall I wonder if it only means death or say so badly injured they just can't do this life anymore. My worry is they are having Carter do EVERYTHING Jon used to do, almost if to take his mantle. I really don't want that to happen. Heck, I don't want any of them to die. Why does this show have to have me care so much!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Takes a Deep Breath ...

OK,

Detective Joss Carter totally ROCKED in the last episode - DANG!!!

Next,

I agree with the folks who say that the writers implied that Carter's husband was dead. :Shrug:

... I'm not happy about him coming back into the picture, because (call me a romantic,) I want Joss and John to ride off into the sunset together eventually. :Hug2:

Third,

I hope the writers don't kill any, and I mean ANY of the original, (fab four) characters...

However, as much as I lurve Fusco, if he wants out, then it's only fair to "let him go." :(

Can't wait to see what happens to Simmons and Alonzo. :evil

Last edited:

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
No.

No no no.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I have nothing else to say right now.

:cry:

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
I knew it would happen as soon as I saw the kiss.

Not who I was originally expecting and though I'm sad to see any of the characters go, if one of them had to die, I'm afraid I would have gone with this choice, as well.

Hats off to the people who put the promo together. spoilerThe chalk outline looked like Finch (I initially thought he'd be the one to get a bullet)and the preview showed Fusco tied to a chair being tortured. Both tempting red herrings.end spoiler

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yeah when she called her son I figured something would happen but then they lulled me into a false sense of security when she got the guy to the FBI and everything seemed all right, then... BOOM!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*SIGH*

I'm still in shock. :cry:

I haven't been this disappointed since 24 went off the air. :(

I actually thought the writers were jerking our (loyal, devoted fans) chains and NOBODY would actually get killed.

I'll tune in next week to watch John give Simmons the painful death he deserves :rant:

... But the show will not be the same without our beloved, gorgeous Joss.

Oh, and are we supposed to embrace Shaw as the new female lead? I dunno, it's gonna be hard. :Shrug:

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. The last episode of POI was amazing; one of the most suspenseful hours of television I have ever seen. There was at least one point in the episode for each character when I thought they were going to die, and the ending... wow.

Spoilers*

I'm definitely interested to see who will feel the void left by Carter's death. I actually don't mind Shaw. (Saving Fusco's son was a good scene for her, because in an odd way, it showed that she understands human emotions enough to know that that's what Fusco would have wanted. So, technically, she's not really a true sociopath.) Thing is, she's not right to be the female lead. Really, what they'll need is another cop for Reese\Finch to work with. Maybe they can beef up Fusco's role?

End spoilers*

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

I'm still in shock. It happened so fast that I thought I missed something or the episode was a dream/nightmare...but, no... :( Awwwww!

***SPOILERS?***

Especially after that kiss!

And it was an inter-racial kiss, to boot! Reminded me of some old romance comics in which inter-racial couple meet bad endings. (Either one of them dies or they split up due to the cultural/ethnic differences or prejudice.)

Aw, man. Who will take her place now? Is the show picked up for another season, by the way? Forgot to check that. If so, it will definitely feel different next season. Thank goodness Fusco's okay! Well...for now.

Interesting preview. Can't wait to watch the next ep! :)

Last edited:

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
bunny-gypsy, the show's not technically renewed, but I would be stunned to see it canceled. It's in season 3, so a fourth season will let it hit 88 episodes, which is the unofficial number preferred for syndication. For that reason, unless a show tanks hard (which POI is not doing), a third season renewal normally means a fourth season renewal.

Plus, even if they're down from last year, the ratings are still good and it wins its timeslot.

Check out tvbythenumbers if you want to know more. That's where I learned a lot about how tv ratings work.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I just caught up. Aghhh, I so need a moment here.

Nobody can replace Joss. UGh.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No Carter? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DAMN YOU, Jonathan Nolan! You broke my heart! :cry:

This has been in the works for a while, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it...

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
DAMN YOU, Jonathan Nolan! You broke my heart! :cry:

This has been in the works for a while, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it...

Agree! The actress is taking it well! I watched the episode again and I could just feel her emotion pouring out--especially in the scene with John at the end. Oh man. She needs another gig. FAST.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
***SPOILERS?***

Especially after that kiss!

And it was an inter-racial kiss, to boot! Reminded me of some old romance comics in which inter-racial couple meet bad endings. (Either one of them dies or they split up due to the cultural/ethnic differences or prejudice.)

I'm not opposed to interracial romances, but it sure sometimes seems like pop culture still is.

If anyone ever read the Vertigo comic, Y: The Last Man, an unspoken romance bloomed between the protagonist, Yorick and 355, the secret agent only known by her code number that took several years before they revealed it to each other.

And then...well, let's just say there was no happy ending and it was remarkably similar to the way Joss Carter went out.

Call me cynical, but Reese's confession to Carter how she had "saved" him from offing himself and the resultant kiss between them seemed a bit forced to me. I don't recall any hints of romance between them in the last three seasons, but then I haven't seen every episode so it's possible I missed the warning signs.

It still rings false to me, but this week's episode was a nice coda on John's rage over losing Joss and any opportunity to use Johnny Cash's "Hurt" is not one to be passed over.

By the way: is it just me or is there a little sexual tension between Shaw and Root? :Hug2:

Last edited: