kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Wahooooooooooo, it's Spring!!!

I am playing in the dirt and loving it! I'm not a real gardner, just someone who likes to try my hand at it, hoping to actually get some color added to the landscape. It's definately a good way to relax and get cheap therapy!!

I have to apologize to you all. I feel like I let you down as Poet Laureate in that I jumped in and then fell off the train. I was really hoping to help get the poetry forums more active and tried to introduce some different kinds of threads to see poetry from different angles. It's been fun to take my liberty and I hope you all did find something different to consider when thinking of your own poetry. I appreciate the feedback I received.

As my term is coming to a close, I want to say thank you for all your kind words of encouragement. It seems that the world is getting a little tougher every day for many of us, for a variety of reasons. We see tragedies both near and far, a world that seems less and less stable in so many ways and and sometimes, we need a special moment to help us face the daily challenges of "keeping things together". Inspirational stories of courage, sacrifice and human compassion are always uplifting.

As a last project that I would like us to consider for this month, I would like to use this thread as a place to post poems of encouragement that celebrate the good in humanity, the simple kind things that people do, or the times that we stop to thank those that serve us, in whatever way, to make this world a better place. I hope this is a thread that gets so many posts, it gets a sticky. When times seem bad, it's time to reassess and focus on the good that encourages us and gives us the strenth to know that there is something to celebrate.

I only have xoxoxoxoxo's for all of you! AW Poetry Forums, you rock!!!

kid

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
kid:

I suspect just about everyone understands the busyness of life, and wishes you the best through trying, busy times. I'm still in the midst of a siege at work, in writing, and in life that hasn't let up for over three months. This is my first day to visit AW since mid-January, and I don't think I've posted anything since last year. Hoping my siege in the midst of the whirlwind will end soon and I can return to providing barbed critiques.

NDG