G'Day

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I miss it sometimes, but not enough to start drinking again.

I have an addictive personality, so I can never stop at just one. Or just one day.

Sort of "all or nothing" with me, which is a little annoying.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
LOL.

One of the last times I drank, I was having a pub meal. I asked for a vodka and lemon. I got vodka and lemonade. Terrible drink!

I wanted, y'know, Lift or Solo - the actual lemon flavoured drinks - not lemonade.

Ack.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It was my favourite vodka drink.

In the last few years of my stint as a drinker, I didn't really have a lot of vodka... It was either beer, Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels, occasionally wine.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm I thought this might be an Aussie/Kiwi thread, but I'm not seeing any kiwis in the last few pages.

SkyeOhWhy

hopelessly devoted to crumpets
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skyemelki-wegner.com
Hullo! Didn't realise there was an Aussie/ Kiwi thread -- lovely to meet you all. :)

gingerwoman -- I just travelled to NZ for the first time a week ago and LOVED it; you have such a beautiful country!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hullo! Didn't realise there was an Aussie/ Kiwi thread -- lovely to meet you all. :)

gingerwoman -- I just travelled to NZ for the first time a week ago and LOVED it; you have such a beautiful country!
Thank you. One day I might actually set a book here. lol

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I write various types of fantasy.

So far there's a comedic urban fantasy series (currently working on), a sci-fi/fantasy thriller, contemporary fantasy, urban fantasy trilogy, and I've been plotting out an epic fantasy lately.

(Only a few of those are actually finished drafts... Yeah, I start more projects than I finish.)

I'm also planning a non-fiction title for a few years from now, but it's a very loose idea in my head right now.

Civic

Isosceles Triangle Expert
Registered
Reaction score
Australia's the place to be! Unless you live in Queensland. Then it's like living in an oven with snakes.

SkyeOhWhy

hopelessly devoted to crumpets
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skyemelki-wegner.com
I love Queensland, although I've never been there for more than ten days or so at a time. I wish Melbourne could borrow some of its warmth during winter!

I write various types of fantasy.

So far there's a comedic urban fantasy series (currently working on), a sci-fi/fantasy thriller, contemporary fantasy, urban fantasy trilogy, and I've been plotting out an epic fantasy lately.

(Only a few of those are actually finished drafts... Yeah, I start more projects than I finish.)

I'm also planning a non-fiction title for a few years from now, but it's a very loose idea in my head right now.

Wow, that's pretty diverse! Good luck with your current projects -- they all sound like fun. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

I'm trying to get book 1 of the comedic UF series edited, and will soon be editing the SF/F thriller. I'm intending on self-e-pubbing both before I go back to Uni, so I have about 2.5 months right now. Thankfully, the drafts had been finished.

If I have time, I'll finish the first draft of the 2nd in the comedic series. I won't be able to upload that until the middle of the year though, due to the expected amount of homework. No way can I get it finished AND edited before I go back next year...

Civic

Isosceles Triangle Expert
Registered
Reaction score
I love Queensland, although I've never been there for more than ten days or so at a time. I wish Melbourne could borrow some of its warmth during winter!

Yeah I've been to Melbourne. You guys get some crazy weather down there.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I've brought an esky full of beer and tim tams to share 'round.

To answer SkyeOhWhy, I mainly read fantasy / sci-fi and was planning on writing a fantasty novel. It immediately turned itself into a modern day thriller. Oh well, it seems to be working.