• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] Inkspired

Inkspired

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Inkspired is a web and mobile platform for writers, storytellers and readers to connect and inspire each other. We are seeking for authors that would like to try out our platform and have their work published.

How does it work? Writers can publish their stories (text or graphic stories) periodically in short parts... Readers will be able to discover stories they may like and start following them, and share their feedback. This way, writers can improve their stories, discover their audience, start building their fan-base, and connect with them. Check it out on http://getinkspired.com/

Cheers!
Katerina
http://getinkspired.com/

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Inkspired is seeking for NEW authors

Greetings all,

Inkspired is a web and mobile platform for writers, storytellers and readers to connect and inspire each other. We are seeking for authors that would like to try out our platform and have their work published.

How does it work? Writers can publish their stories (text or graphic stories) periodically in short parts... Readers will be able to discover stories they may like and start following them, and share their feedback. This way, writers can improve their stories, discover their audience, start building their fan-base, and connect with them. Check it out on http://getinkspired.com/

Cheers!
Katerina
http://getinkspired.com/

This looks like YADS to me.

It also looks like an attempt to spam AW in order to promote the new site.

I'm going to move this from our Self Publishing room, where it's really inappropriate, to our BR&BC room so that our good members can discuss how useful--or not--this site might be to them.

I hope the OP will return to answer our questions.

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, I'm not really interested in a YADS, but their original post heading (bolded in Old Hack's quote) does not inspire me with confidence.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Same here. A display site has to pass all the tests of any new business. What can they offer me that existing display sites cannot? What is the cost/social currency of the site? How well-organized is the new site? Is it moderated as to content, quality, and comments? What genres does it support? How secure is it?

I'll go check out Inkspired, but I'll be honest: nothing in the YADS category has enticed me over from the fanfic site Archive of Our Own since I joined it five years ago.

ETA: I am not inspired by the site's insistence that I download an Apple app. I'm not an Apple fan, nor am I that swayed by Facebook. In the current catalog, I noticed a huge quantity of uploaded 'out of copyright' material from one vendor. That's egregious padding when Kindle users do it, and it's padding in Inkspired. Not to mention, at least some of the works listed are probably still controlled by estates.

ETA2: In the 'How it works' section, Inkspired touts instant uploading as a way to 'let your story grow on its own' even when the author doesn't know where the story's going. Sigh. About seventy percent of my writing - fan or original - is in revision and editing. I don't release stories until they're as honed as my current skills can make them. I'm certainly no expert at flawless single-draft writing.

Sites like this seem to propagate the myth that every writer is going to come up with gold on the first try. They also tend to reward the bad habits of publishing too soon, making the reading public into beta readers, and wallowing in interminable works-in-progress.

I'll keep an eye on Inkspired to see if it surprises me, but right now I'm not interested.

Last edited: