Sarah Palin Leaves Fox News

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stop me if this sounds familiar. Sarah Palin is quitting her gig at Fox News.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Fox News Channel are parting ways, according to a report in Real Clear Politics. After three years as a paid contributor for the channel, FNC and the former Republican vice presidential nominee have decided to cut ties. A source close to Palin told Real Clear Politics that it was the governor’s decision not to renew their contract.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

Palin joined Fox in 2009 after resigning as Alaska’s governor. In 2010, FNC constructed a studio inside Palin’s Alaska home, where her husband would regularly act as cameraman and producer for her television appearances.

Fox has been featuring Palin less and less in recent months. Palin herself took to Facebook on August 29, 2012, to complain that the network had “cancelled all my scheduled interviews tonight."
America just got a little less stupid today. :snoopy:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
You mean she's NOT resigning in protest of Glee's ripoff of Jonathan Coulton's rendition of "Baby Got Back?" For a moment there I thought she was doing the right thing for the right reason for once.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
As I don't live in the States and don't vote there, I really should recuse myself from this thread.

But I can't. Palin is entitled to her views and Fox is entitled to hire her if they like. I don't agree with Palin on many things and I never watch Fox, so I can't comment on their policies.

However, I would like to offer one word with regards to her departure:

Hooray.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
We benighted souls up here in the far northwest (where this year we have less snow than Atlanta) have known for quite some time that Sarah Palin is the day before yesterday's news. Her arc of public attention is completed, in admirable symmetry. Even the most avid conservative aficionados have more current and interesting people to look at and listen to. Her goofy hairstyle and batting eyelashes and vacuous grin have lost whatever transitory appeal they once had, and even the satirical humor value once attached to her is shopworn and no longer funny. She never had anything interesting or insightful to say, and even the initial acolytes have now come to recognize that.

There exists a faint possibility that she might make a stab at future public office (the U.S. Senate seat held by Democrat Mark Begich is up for grabs in 2014, and is probably the most vulnerable Dem seat in the nation), but even her own Party seems to have no interest in her return to the public arena. Let's remember that she quit being governor half-way through her term, and that ain't forgot up here. Chances are the current governor, Sean Parnell, who was Palin's light-gov and succeeded to the office when she threw in the towel, will make a run, and chances are further that he will win, if nominated. The only other obvious potential Republican possibility would be current Anchorage mayor Dan Sullivan, a staunch conservative with the personality of New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.*

Sarah Palin became a national figure solely because John McCain had a moment of panic and desperation, and revealed his lack of judgment in the most public way imaginable. I'm pretty sure he regretted it about a week after he made the choice, but he ain't gonna admit it short of being water-boarded. Come to think of it, given his considerably admirable personal military history, probably even that wouldn't work.

caw

*for non-football aficionados, Bill Belichick's personality makes Richard Nixon's look like that of Robin Williams.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'd heard that Palin has property here in AZ, and this is where she'd make her stand politically. There are more than enough scared white people here who would vote for her in a shot. I'd almost be willing to bet money she'll move to AZ in the next year, to be ready for 2016. I have Alaskan friends in both major parties who say she's worn out her welcome there.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Ho hum.

Unlike some here, I don't think she is stupid.
She hasn't been relavent for a while now and she probably knows it.

Not to say she won't try to become relavent in the future... She is a politician after all.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Ho hum.

Unlike some here, I don't think she is stupid.
She hasn't been relavent for a while now and she probably knows it.

Not to say she won't try to become relavent in the future... She is a politician after all.

I'm honestly, not joking or looking for a punchline, seriously asking what makes you think she's not stupid. If you don't want to answer that's fine, obvs. I just thought she'd kind of proven her lack of intellect quite handily.

I also don't think of her as a politician really. I think she sort of happened into stuff.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ho hum.

Unlike some here, I don't think she is stupid..

While there is a certain amount of animal cunning in being able to land on your feet after losing as part of a presidential ticket and quitting as the governor of Alaska, there's nothing particularly brilliant about it either.

I stand by my previous remarks. Sarah Palin is a black hole of stupidity and whomever is sucked into her gravitational pull emerges from it stupider than when they went in.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
What will Saturday Night Live do now??
I have a suggestion or two...
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/g...ss-bowing-out-and-others-rushing?v=1359252430
ATLANTA -- Saxby Chambliss spoiled the weekend for a lot of Georgia politicians with his Friday announcement that he would retire from the U.S. Senate next year rather than seek re-election.

After the news, the first candidates to publicly express interest in running were GOP U.S. Reps. Jack Kingston of Savannah, Paul Broun of Athens and ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Broun#Criticism_of_evolutionary_theory
Also from the article:

Karen Handel, a former Georgia secretary of state who ran unsuccessfully for governor in 2010 expressed slightly less specific sentiment on her Facebook account that evening.

“Thx to everyone for your encouragement,” she wrote. “Let’s see how things play out.”
I forget, didn't Karen have some connection to the big flap about the Susan Komen foundation and Planned Parenthood?

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The biggest hit from the clever, listenable and underrated 1960s British Invasion rock band The Zombies is a softly nasty satirical masterpiece that perfectly applies to Sarah Palin:

Well no one told me about her, the way she lied.
Well no one told me about her, how many people cried.
But it's too late to say you're sorry.
How would I know? Why should I care?
Please don't bother tryin' to find her,
She's not there.

Well let me tell you 'bout the way she looked
The way she'd act, the colour of her hair
Her voice was soft and cool
Her eyes were clear and bright
But she's not there

caw

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Always liked that song; never thought much about what it meant.

Did Palin's publicist explain that her leaving shows what a great leader she is? (You may remember that from when she quit her elected job as governor.)

ETA: Now I'm really thinking about that song. Could describe a Narcissistic Personality chick. Of course, we only have the singer's viewpoint. But they hit on something, or it wouldn't still get airplay after almost half a century.

Last edited: