Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
*tiptoes in long enough to swipe a cookie and cider. Leaves a little pumpkin on the counter.*

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Sweet dreams before the work week. :)

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
I made homemade applesauce last night...brought a bowl in a token of "I'm back, I've brought goodies and I miss everyone!" :tongue
Also...look! I still remember smiley codes...damn straight, yo. :D

Last edited:

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read all 148 pages of posts, but hopefully this is a cat friendly pub. I keep trying to chase the little furballs away but apparently its "getting colder" and I'm "cheap" and they "like to be warm."

Yes, actually used airquotes for those words.

Ok, so I didn't, but it would've added to the effect if I had right?

Anyway, Jameson's please and hello all!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Ovid...and you should be glad that this is the *new* pub...never dwell on the past if you're making the future...and now you're part of the Pub's future so...
Hi. :D

Glad you liked the applesauce D.M. :D And I won't say a word about where you are...

Hot cocoa time!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
*Lines up shots on the bar*:Hug2:I've missed everyone. Work work work work. That's all I've been doing for more than a week. I'm looking for advice now. All you full-time-worker-mommy-writers...how do you do it? How do you find balance?

I actually have gotten some writing done today, but it's the first time since I started my job. It seems like when I'm not working, it's either housework (even though my husband pitches in a ton!) or the fact that my youngest is not happy that I'm working now, and needs all of my attention (a lot of days I don't get home until after bedtime :()

D.M.Drake

Working hard, loving every second!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kourageouskidsstorybooks.com
*Lines up shots on the bar*:Hug2:I've missed everyone. Work work work work. That's all I've been doing for more than a week. I'm looking for advice now. All you full-time-worker-mommy-writers...how do you do it? How do you find balance?

I actually have gotten some writing done today, but it's the first time since I started my job. It seems like when I'm not working, it's either housework (even though my husband pitches in a ton!) or the fact that my youngest is not happy that I'm working now, and needs all of my attention (a lot of days I don't get home until after bedtime :()

It's amazing you are keeping so calm all things considered. My advice... let yourself and family get used to your new schedule and get into the 'swing' of things. Then pick it up when things are running more smoothly. Hope it helps. :)

D.M.Drake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
7901lasagna.jpg

*Shouts* Dinners ready!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to be back
:Hug2:
I am stumbling over this latest bit of writing and getting no where with it. No where. Ugh.

Spiral, I like DM's advice, test out the waters for a little bit, then depending on the ages of your children, sit down one day and discuss how everyone is feeling. Then you and your husband can make a decision about what you can do from there to make things go better.

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
Ahhh, lasagna! Also, Ovid9, I hope it's cat-friendly -- I love kitties. Have one at home (currently living with my parents), and my roommates here in Spain have one, too: an incredibly tiny jellicle cat with a black spot on her muzzle like an evil goatee. My cat, on the other hand, is gigantic. Not fat, just loooooong and huge. Big feet like a jackrabbit's, too.

Ovid9

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, lasagna! Also, Ovid9, I hope it's cat-friendly -- I love kitties. Have one at home (currently living with my parents), and my roommates here in Spain have one, too: an incredibly tiny jellicle cat with a black spot on her muzzle like an evil goatee. My cat, on the other hand, is gigantic. Not fat, just loooooong and huge. Big feet like a jackrabbit's, too.

Wonderful! I will keep them away from any booze. I think they've developed a taste for it and it doesn't take much to turn them into crazy drunks.

As opposed to just crazy like cats.

Mmmm, lasagna. Almost time to go home from work!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I have a crazy story to share.

Yesterday, my next door neighbour's 80 year old mother (who lives two blocks from us) was robbed at knife-point in her house!! Here's the crazy part. Undaunted by the would-be robber, she wrestled the knife away from him and chased him out of her house!:box: Unfortunately, he did escape with her purse, and the police have not found him, so I'll be keeping my doors locked for awhile!!

Ovid9

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I have a crazy story to share.

Yesterday, my next door neighbour's 80 year old mother (who lives two blocks from us) was robbed at knife-point in her house!! Here's the crazy part. Undaunted by the would-be robber, she wrestled the knife away from him and chased him out of her house!:box: Unfortunately, he did escape with her purse, and the police have not found him, so I'll be keeping my doors locked for awhile!!

OMG! That is one tough lady! I'm glad she wasn't hurt. I hope the cops catch the thief!

D.M.Drake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
breakfast_croissants.jpg

I need some coffee. Got 3,600 words written yesterday. Shooting for 10k today. Since I am sick it might happen. :cry: I hate being sick, but it gives me more time to write cause hubby takes over house stuff. The joys of a weak immune system. :(

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
I need some coffee. Got 3,600 words written yesterday. Shooting for 10k today. Since I am sick it might happen. :cry: I hate being sick, but it gives me more time to write cause hubby takes over house stuff. The joys of a weak immune system. :(

Aw, sorry you're not feeling well! Hope your health improves soon. :Hug2: Good luck on the writing.

Ovid9

Registered
Reaction score

Aww, being sick sucks. Hope you hit your writing goal!

I actually finished a short story today. It wasn't the one I "needed" to finish, but hey, for me, actually finishing a story is something.

It needs a good strong editing job done to be truly finished, but the whole story is there, just waiting to be made all polished and pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.