When partner gets jealous of THE MUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodie_writes_what?

Plot Bunny Shepherdess
Registered
Reaction score
And off shoot of writer and people who love them, made me think of those writers that have none writing partners and the funny things that can happen when the muse calls and as you know, we must come running.

One time, my laptop apparently wrote me a love letter. Funny, my laptop has the same handwriting as DH. It was hilarious.

Anyone have funny stories to share when the partner throws the little tantrums or jokes that make you smile.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I have a muse. If I do, she's not very demanding. I have ideas I want to write and they just hang around until I get the time to write them. If they don't hang around, they probably weren't very good to begin with.

I have loads of stuff going on my life so I have to fit the writing in when I can. I don't typically sacrifice family time. This is boring, I guess, but I don't have any funny stories about my dh or kids trying to get my attention. :)

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
First,that bunny is frightening! I had an encounter with a deranged rabbit when I was a kid and I am not over it!

My ex husband had a problem with the time I'd devote to writing. I'm one of those writers who can't be disturbed unless it's very important. My muse demands complete concentration. Interruptions throw me off and I lose track of my writing. He persistently interrupted me and this resulted in near violence. His comments about my odds of getting published didn't help,either. So for his own personal safety,we ended things. Of course,there was other stuff going on,lol.

Last edited:

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Well...last night I was up until almost 3 a.m, and here on AW until well past 2. I get driven, sometimes, and so single-mindedly focused that I forget to eat or sleep...for a while, at least. I have blood sugar issues and will eventually have to separate fingers from keyboard or get yucky sick.

The first and last stretch of novels and the query phase are the worst. I'm in query phase right now...but my family is conspiring to separate me from my keyboard all weekend...

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I have writing time that's the same time, same place each day. These are my work hours. Family doesn't intrude on my work, and I don't allow work to intrude on my family.

In other words, I don't come running when the muse calls. The muse comes running when I call.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
My partner has a muse, too. In fact, our muses are BFFs. So we all hang out together and drink caramel macchiatos. Works great.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Guess that's why I don't form close relationships.

The AW Curmudgeon is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.