Last Movie You Watched...

hunnypot

Registered
Reaction score
On DVD - Scream 4. It was okay. Could've been better.
At cinema - Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I was pleasantly suprised how good it was. I thought it would be another Hollywood money maker. Okay, it is that, but at least some thought had gone into it.

Blaze

Registered
Reaction score
Alpha and Omega. I didn't feel like watching thing adult and decided to go for a kids movie instead. Its about two wolves who are in love with eachother but because one is an Alpha and an Omega, they are not allowed to howl together.

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
Watching Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood.

Friggin hilarious! One of the best spoof movies ever before spoof movies got annoying.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
The Last Mistress. It was very good and the two leads were quite loony. I felt so bad for his wife,the poor thing.

The Company Of Wolves. This movie is one of my favorites. The Huntsman is just GRRRR.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy -- in cinema.

The book is one of my all-time favourites; I loved the TV mini-series with ALec Guiness.
But this time, the movie fell far short. I was disappointed. If I hadn't read the book I'd have had a hard time following the story; the four suspects were so poorly developed even up to the end I could not tell who was who, except for the Colin Firth character. I felt sorry for any viewers who had not read the novel or seen the BBC series. Still -- worth seeing. Very atmospheric. ANd it's getting brilliant reviews. Maybe I just can't apppreciate the "art".
The best part is Julio Iglesias singing La Mer at the end -- beautiful!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ju-on 2. Started out well, brought back the creepiest dead kid in cinema EVER, kept the "death by evil revenge-possessed hair" motif (which really is funny, even tho they're trying to make it scary). But...

I really liked Ju-on. This got silly and derivative about 2/3 through, and it ruined the movie.

Dear international movie studios: STOP WITH THE SEQUELS ALREADY!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Believers (2007) a couple of paramedics are abducted on the job by a doomsday cult of mathematicians. Low budget but fairly awesome.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Thor. The voice of the actor who played Thor really annoyed the heck out of me for the first half of the movie.

I'm a little curious why they made the whole rainbow bridge, Bifrost, into this high tech worm hole like tech device instead of just having it as magic.

Also, has it become a requirement in superhero movies for the hero to have a shirtless scene so the female actors can all drool over him?

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Last night on Hulu.com, I saw Heavenly Creatures. It's bothered me all day today. It's about a now-famous author of mysteries and her friend who killed the friend's mother when they were teenagers in the '50s. And the way the mother was killed--whacked over the head w. a brick about 40 times--is brutal. But I didn't know that until after the movie was over and the credits were rolling. I've read some of her novels. For some reason, I'm disquieted.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Killer Elite. Better than your average Statham.
Drive, for the second time. Wonderful.
Abduction, not so much.
What Time Is It There? Quietly gorgeous.

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
I watched CB4 the other day. That movie is friggin hilarious!

"I'm black ya'll. And I'm black ya'll. And I'm blacker than black and I'm black ya'll."

LOL hilarious.

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
Last movie was Racing Stripes, about a zebra adopted by a Kentucky farmer and grows up thinking he's a racing horse. An interesting movie. I like it.

Friday, I saw Dolphin Tale. Absolutely loved it! My favorite movie of the year.