Obama vs. The Credit Card Companies

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
James, that's 7 million PEOPLE, not dollars.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted.

I thought 7 million dollars seemed ridiculously low.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard that someone once theorize by dividing all the wealth of the world equally and then "starting over" so to speak with a free market, the same people who were "rich" before would end up with the majority of the wealth within just a few years?

Does anyone know who said this?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I've heard that someone once theorize by dividing all the wealth of the world equally and then "starting over" so to speak with a free market, the same people who were "rich" before would end up with the majority of the wealth within just a few years?

Does anyone know who said this?
I don't know that someone said it, but it's an idea postulated by some economists, supported by some computer modeling. Though, it wouldn't be the exact same people, due to demographics, idle wealth, and chance, imo. And there would actually be a more severe distribution (bigger gap between rich and poor) over time, because of the idle wealth going someplace else.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
"The fruits of productivity gains have been skewed towards the highest earners, and towards companies, whose profits have reached record levels as a share of GDP."

So... Those people who make more money... Make more money?

Shocking.