How'd You Find This Site?

Tiaga

Watching
Registered
Reaction score
I was walking down a dirt road and then there was this bright light and "what's that officer...why yes alcohol was involved, but I don't see no reason to...hey I get a phone call! Hello? Hello?

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
in an effort to avoid swindling and scheming agents and so-called publishing houses i searched every name (and i do mean every one of them) before putting them into my to or not to query file. during all of this i found a strange coincidence that these forums kept coming up. so, i lurked and snuck around for a year before finally joining.

sorry, i'm slap happy tonight and passionatly avoiding work. but the jist of it is true.

Annessa

mudflat_marshawk

How I found the site....

I arrived at the Water Cooler after visiting the main site. Love the new boards. What a wonderful resource.

--mudflat marsh hawk

Mr Underhill

Writer,Burglar,Adventurer
Registered
Reaction score
Newbie Post

I just wandered into this site today. Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I believe I was googling for info on writing software, and a potential title for a writing blog. (I'd tell you, but it's super-obvious and no one's got it yet, so you'll have to wait!)

Poking around I saw the Absolute Idol contest was on right now, and I thought, what fun! So I registered. I'm sure I've got under 700 words lying about the place somewhere... hum de hum...

Oh yes, and I should say that I've quite given up blogging for Lent, and this is something of a cheat for me. Shhh.

Last edited:

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I was a PA "author". PA fortunately never did anything with my book, but when I was coming to my senses, I was given a link to Mindsight, where a lot of other former/disgruntled PA authors who had been banned continue to congregate. From one of the posts there (something having to do with great writer forums and other resources) I found the old blue board.

I hung around lurking for about six months before delurking there, but have been loud, proud and out over here.

Aloha (cuz I never know whether I'm coming or going)

Ellison

Hi. I just found this site by accident while searching for tips to give my teenager, on writing dialogue. Looks like I'm the one who got lucky though. I've been reading around for a bit and decided to join such a warm group of very talented people.

As for myself, I've been writing for more years than I care to admit and have done NOTHING with it. I'm tired of saying that. I can tell that now is the right time for me in my life, to change this.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and I hope to support you as well as I see you support each other.

Yay!:snoopy:

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Lady Brick said:
Found the forum via Googling a screenwriting agent I was looking at querying and found I was better off saving my postage :)

I dunno about Jenna, but anyone who doesn't get scammed because of what they read here is my favorite kind of new member! :snoopy:

karlitea

newbie here..

I signed up a week or so ago and have been trying to find my way around. I was referred by someone on the Deep Magic forum (www.deep-magic.net).

I didn't realize there was a site until I finished reading this thread... just knew about the forum. I'll have to go check out the site now ;).

Anyway, my name is Karlitea and I'm in the process of writing my first WIP. I've been very spongy lately and have been trying to absorb all kinds of writing knowledge. I look forward to participating here.

I also spend a lot of time at Deep Magic which is a free ezine for fantasy and science fiction. I work on staff there finding new artwork for the zine.

Also spend an even greater amount of time at Luna Books (www.luna-books.com) conversing with the authors and readers there. They inspired me to take up writing again. Great bunch!

I live in Denver, CO and my day job is as a Marketing Assistant for an engineering firm. Mother of 2 (I will try not to gush over them .... much). And I hope to get to know you guys better!

queen of spades

I'm glad to have found this board, even though it was through an unfortunate circumstance...via the PA controversy and folks trying to get out of their contracts....:Smack:

But despite that, me thinks I'll stick around to gather helpful information about getting my work out there.

Thanks for having me. :Thumbs:

EdCarroll

Registered
Reaction score
A post from the Rejection and Dejection board appeared at number 6 on Google when I searched for Humorous Sci-Fi.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
sc211 said:
Hey all, and welcome.

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

Me too. Been reading the newsletter for a couple of years. Even had an article published by AW. But it was the Idol contest that drew me to the boards.

Great fun, glad I dove in,
JAlpha

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
I think I found it from either Writers Beware or Preditors and Editors. Or I may have found it from the same Google search that led me to those sites. I had decided I wanted to write at least one book and wanted to research how I would go about getting it published.

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I found the old board four or five months ago.....though now that I think about it, I have no idea whatsoever how I stumbled upon the site. I would imagine it was fate. Everyone here is wonderful and I have learned quite a bit. I wish each and every one of you the very best.

:banana:

Brady H.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
Hi :)

:hi: I don't remember how I found this place. I was lost, looking for something else, and then this page was in my bookmarks. But oh well, seems like a nice place for a flaky writer to put her nose in. :)

katiebug57

Registered
Reaction score
After receiving the AW ezine for well over a year now, I clicked on a link from a DIFFERENT ezine, and voile! here I was. Frankly, I was absolutely astounded to find such a great place to be . . . hadn't a clue it was here!!!!

Although I only discovered it today, I feel it is such an important site, that I "cancelled" my membership on another forum so that I could devote more time to reading here and catching up on all the great posts!

Awesome, Jenna!

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through Jenna's MRLFW book. Thanks, Jenna!