Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
You should consider a career change. Marketing may suit you or you could also be a speech writer for a politician or something, or be some famous persons spokewoman.

I've wondered if copy writing or social media may very well be my forte. Working from home is on my list of long term goals.

Or working in medicine. I feel a strong calling for that area, too.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Are you sure the refrigerator is responsible for the extra bill, Sass?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Maryn claps her hands loudly.] Wake up, people. Wake up!

Anybody caught in the bad weather that's missing me by about 100 miles? I hear a broad band of the US is expecting serious snow, like 24 inches, on the last shopping weekend before Christmas.

At last, those who procrastinate are punished! (Uh-oh, that's me.)

Maryn, who's cutting a tree this weekend

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
We're getting rain here mostly, but we did get some pretty, big flakes that didn't stick.

My morning has been a little rough. Piper's a handful when she doesn't feel well, but I think both of the girls are feeling better.

I'm doing some article brainstorming and cleaning up my kitchen. The kitchen looks much better, though some of the mess has traveled to the dining room table so that I can sort it out and put it away.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When my brother and his wife visited--a rare occurrence--I cleaned the house more thoroughly than I had in a long time. The clutter was the biggest challenge, and I just did the best I could.

Yesterday I found a turtle finger puppet in with the spices.

Maryn, who can now season turtle soup

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I'm having an open house for my jewelry that I made back when I had my online site. I'm trying to sell that and the essential oils and teas. I've made a whole whopping 15 dollars and 5 of it cos the lady opened one of the bottles of oil.

Why don't people realize you can't just open products that require a seal?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Further evidence supporting my theory that people are either idiots or selfish dolts.

Here's a preview of something mind-boggling, which I share with friends before I share with all. Enjoy! (It's about 6:30, safe for kids and workplaces.)

Maryn, not easily boggled

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I ran out of cards.

I need about 5 more.

THis is the picture we went with. We tried one last time and TA DA!

4197897343_caa80c12db_m.jpg

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're not in the blizzard area, Maryn.
We're supposed to have an inch of slush, much better than what's happening in the snowstorm zones. I'll take slush over ice storms any day. It is a bit hard to sleep with branches cracking like gunshots and each one making you hold your breath in fear it'll cost you your electricity.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, everyone. Sunny cold day here. How's by you?

Maryn, whose feet are cold, but not sunny

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Not sunny here, but cold (for this area anyway). Looks like the sun is trying to break through.

We are being brave and venturing out to do last minute Christmas shopping as a family. Wish me luck!

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a late shopper too, Story. I've bought presents for one person. I know pretty well what people are getting, though.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have a tree, up and decorated, although Mr. Maryn went off and napped during the decoration part.

It's seeming Christmasy around the house at last.

Maryn, tired

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
The husband and I are going out tonight for our anniversary dinner and to do some shopping.
Happy anniversary. I hope this gives you two some time to reboot a bit of your relationship and I hope the dinner and shopping go well.

We've had our tree and all our lights up (yeah, we have a polar bear skiing, those light up trees, lighted garland, rope lights, net bush lights, and of course lights all along our house, we're one of those people. . .'cuz of hubby) and we've had them up since the day after Thanksgiving.

We are done shopping!

Sort of.

We just figured out a Wii game we bought for the kids requires a special attachment to the remotes we have, so we have to go purchase that too. Just when you think you're done. . .they suck you back in.

Today I made fudge and chocolate covered pretzels and sugar cookies and took a plate full of goodies around to each of my neighbors for Christmas. Met two people who I didn't know, the rest we either knew or they weren't home or wouldn't come to the door, so I just left the covered plate for them on their porch. I don't care. I did my good neighborly deed and I'm done with it. Now I can go back to being the hermit no one likes. :D

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have an out that lets me continue to be a hermit. Our town is multicultural, with a large Jewish population. When you don't know your neighbors, you don't know who's celebrating Christmas, who's doing Hannukah, and who's Ramadan, so I just smile, same as any other time of the year, and go back into hiding. Whew!

TJ, best wishes for a lovely evening. I saw the message earlier and wasn't sure what to say. May some time alone over a nice meal let you each see anew what you saw in one another in the first place. Enjoy!

Maryn, who's got dinner in the oven

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Hope the dinner goes well, tj.
I too need to declutter. I have so much clutter I don't think I'll ever get through it all.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
we have a tree in our front window and electric candles in all the front windows, and a wreath. That's it for outside (and except for the wreath it's all inside, HA!) And then we have our tree inside and Mr. Groove put a lot of christmas chotskies on the mantle and the cards we've rec'd. It looks nice.

We've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 and watching Farscape all day. Need to finish cards. We went out to buy more last night and found a shipping place that was open for my family gifts. If I had gotten my act together I could have sent them by regualr mail the first week of dec. instead i spent $50 to get it all there by christmas. Oh well. It was nice the place was open, and he had stamps.

While we were at Target I admired a scarf and Mr. Groove said he had looked at it for me then doubted himself and didn't get it. So he bought it for me last night and I wore it home. :) I keep telling him not to do that, he worries so much he ends up not getting me things or getting them with me. Oh well. I got a scarf I like. It has fur puffs at the ends and I was hitting him with them shouting "pouffies pouffies!" I'm weird like that.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, ma'am. I am dressed and have already dropped some bucks at Best Buy. I tallied up what I'd spent on Mr. Maryn (who has still not provided any kind of wish list) and how many packages he will have to open, and found him woefully neglected. The poor dear.

Today is my older child's birthday. The Kid is a big girl! We're taking her out to dinner at our city's best seafood place.

Maryn, who plans to shower before then

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my experience (which may be unique), Dads seem to frequently get the short end of the stick. I always put a great deal of thought in picking out gifts for the kids and the woman. I usually got last minute "what's on the sale table" type of gifts, although the best gifts were always the ones the kids made themselves. One year, Little Fizzy gave a homemade book of coupons (for back rubs, chores without complaints, things like that). I still have most of the coupons stashed away (unused for their stated intents, but well used for the smiles and warm fuzzies they generated/generate).

Status
Not open for further replies.