Schadenfreude city: Congressman-advocate for drug-testing foodstamp recipients is busted for cocaine

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I guess we can see why he's so suspicious. I mean, hey, he knows better than most that people do drugs, but at least he can pay for his own food with the money the taxpayers pay him for his uselessness.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/trey-radel-drug-testing_n_4305348.html
In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.

“It’s really interesting it came on the heels of Republicans voting on everyone who had access to food stamps get drug tested," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told BuzzFeed Tuesday. "It’s like, what?”

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
There's absolutely no reason I can think of for not doing random drug tests on members of Congress. Or mandatory tests on all of them, every three months.* They're feeding from the public trough after all.

* I bet the results would be both fascinating and shocking.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It is telling that they keep shooting down the proposal that they, too, undergo drug-testing.

It's always interesting when people offer reasons they do things (or don't do things) while never taking the point that everyone has a reason. Sauce for goose and gander, is what it is.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason I can think of for not doing random drug tests on members of Congress. Or mandatory tests on all of them, every three months.* They're feeding from the public trough after all.

* I bet the results would be both fascinating and shocking.
I like the idea. AAMOF, why not put speed limiters on their cars so they can't break speed limits, give them body cams locked on public feeds so they can't get away with breaking any laws they've passed, and double the penalty for any lawmaker caught in violation of any law.

After all, if the laws are good enough for their constituents, they should be willing to set a good example.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a complete and utter surprise.

oh, did I drip sarcasm there, sorry.