Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks! How's everybody doing?

I've done a ridiculous amount of reading these past couple weeks, so hopefully now I can move on to doing some writing.

I've been plugging queries (and rejections) systematically, like a prisoner hammering away at license plates.

Yourself?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm good thanks. Aiming to crack 60k tonight. This book needs finishing.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Drinking coffee and still reading rather than writing. Sigh. I need a kick in the arse, clearly.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You should come Nano with me. I wrote 15k during the first week of April.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hell, that sounds like a... really really good idea. Hmmm. So April NaNo, eh?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Writing the mash up. I may need to edit it in future. ^^

Hi, Kat!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh hell, that sounds like a... really really good idea. Hmmm. So April NaNo, eh?

Yup. You'd need over 2k a day to make 50k by the end of the month, so the bar is set high. ;) It's working really well for me, but I wouldn't mind a Nano buddy to compete against.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. You'd need over 2k a day to make 50k by the end of the month, so the bar is set high. ;) It's working really well for me, but I wouldn't mind a Nano buddy to compete against.

Okay, you're on! :D What do you say we tweet each other word counts at the end of the night? Healthy competition. ;)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Not necessarily, Ely. I'm averaging 2200 words a day at the moment and my average is creeping up.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am debating starting up a new Twitter account.

I may disappear for a while.

ETA: Definitely disappearing.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried a spreadsheet? I enjoy having a fixed daily and monthly goal so I can keep track of my progress. My wordcount line is currently creeping up above the target line on my graph. I'm not always all that great at knocking out a whole ton of words, so I rely on the competitive urge that comes from having a target. :tongue

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
And now, you have more competition! (Btw I'll be happy to read yours or parts of yours if you'd like :) ) Finally decided on a name: Owen. I appreciate names that work on multiple levels. It's got lots of myth connections, and is the surname of the man who coined the word "dinosaur".

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
And now, you have more competition! (Btw I'll be happy to read yours or parts of yours if you'd like :) ) Finally decided on a name: Owen. I appreciate names that work on multiple levels. It's got lots of myth connections, and is the surname of the man who coined the word "dinosaur".

Yes! I love a little gentle competition. I got my highest ever Nanowrimo result (75k) when locked in mortal combat with Claire Gillian. I hope to be spurred on. :tongue

I appreciate your brave offer to read! :tongue I'm nearly 60k into the novel, so I'm not sure how much sense any excerpts would make at this stage. Although they do involve airships, swordfights, stuff blowing up etc, which needs no context to be awesome.

Owen is a cool name. Makes me think of legendary Welsh rebel prince Owain Glyndwr. What's your new project about? Are there dinosaurs? :D