Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cath said:
I'm going for the long-shot, high stakes bid and vote that he will make it all the way to Sept 2nd. :D

You're such a wide-eyed optimist!

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
On another forum I go to, I have my own pic posted (for that reason, you shall never know of it! :p). Some dude took it and copied it to another forum that another member on there (the pic-taker was a newbie), adn asked who it was. He didn't reply, but got the n00b banned.

Here is the n00b's 'banned' notification:

"Looks like you broke one or more rules. You were banned on 09-09-2005 for forever. The ban will be automatically lifted never. There is currently forever remaining. After your ban time expires you will once again be able to access the forum."

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your very own stalker?

nachonaco_Grippers said:
On another forum I go to, I have my own pic posted (for that reason, you shall never know of it! :p). Some dude took it and copied it to another forum that another member on there (the pic-taker was a newbie), adn asked who it was. He didn't reply, but got the n00b banned.

Here is the n00b's 'banned' notification:

"Looks like you broke one or more rules. You were banned on 09-09-2005 for forever. The ban will be automatically lifted never. There is currently forever remaining. After your ban time expires you will once again be able to access the forum."

That is both creepy and hilarious. Nachos very first stalker :) Every girl remembers her first.

Hey, let's create a fictional stalker for PeeDee. We can call her Wanda and post long and lovely odes to Pee Dee from Wanda!

Dear lord. I just read my post. I have got to get some sleep. I think I'm hallucinating.

Just don't ban me forever.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
What's kind of funny, but not at the same time because the admin is learning disabled (or something like that - I think he's dyslexic) or it could be a software logic error, the tempban message is 'we am sorry'.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Birol said:
I really should check up on him.
Please do. I am so behind schedule and it's not fair that he is working his butt off and I most likely won't complete my novel by Sept 1. More like Oct 1, but I love the guy and he should know the score.

Thanks Birol!

Spooky

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He still has 3 days until the 13-day mark, which was what I betted on (without using money).

I doubt he'll last until September 1st.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Please do. I am so behind schedule and it's not fair that he is working his butt off and I most likely won't complete my novel by Sept 1. More like Oct 1, but I love the guy and he should know the score.

Thanks Birol!

Spooky

I hate to give someone an excuse for not writing, too, but okay, I'll let him know.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Birol said:
I hate to give someone an excuse for not writing, too, but okay, I'll let him know.
I am working 60+ hours a week on my job and have very little time to complete my wip. It's not fair to PeeDee that he doesn't know how far behind I am.

I'm frustrated because I need to earn an income, but am also missing a deadline (again) with my editor.

Thanks,

Spooky

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Birol said:
I've never been banned, but as I understand it, you can't see the board to lurk while your banned. That would be limbo.

Theoretically, you can't, but you just have to erase all your cookies and you can get into the boards again :D Of course, if you try to log in you get a message saying that you've been banned, but if you don't you can still lurk.

But I didn't learn all that during my own self-imposed banning :D Nope.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Dear PeeDee,

While you've been gone, I've composed 137 love letters to you, gone on a hunger strike, practiced writing my name with your last name, drew composite sketches of our future children, and printed out a map to your house. Then I took two trains and a taxi, and after six days, I'm now sitting at the bottom of your trashcan with my laptop, waiting to see what interesting thing you'll throw out next.

Please come back soon.

Love,
Wanda

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Dear PeeDee,

While you've been gone, I've composed 137 love letters to you, gone on a hunger strike, practiced writing my name with your last name, drew composite sketches of our future children, and printed out a map to your house. Then I took two trains and a taxi, and after six days, I'm now sitting at the bottom of your trashcan with my laptop, waiting to see what interesting thing you'll throw out next.

Please come back soon.

Love,
Wanda
Oh my, now I'm getting all waxed poetic just thinking of my self-bannishment. :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sniffs*

Dearest PeeDee,

My days are so empty and lonely without you. I have read "Paint Me Beautiful" 342 times. Every word is burned into my heart. Soon, I'll have it committed to memory. How I miss your sombrero. Come back by the fourteenth, my love. Soccer Mom has money on it.

Achingly yours, Wanda

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Time to write again...

(where I left off -- chapter 33)...was another path? David didn’t know, but he was curious what the people were doing.
“Let’s go down there and find out if they’ve seen my mom and dad,” Megan said.

---
Megan turned away for a moment, but David knew she was anxious to continue their search for her parents. He gently rubbed her shoulder. "I don't trust them. Maybe we should try to find the sheriff? Didn't you see the way Roy kept staring at me? He really gives me the creeps."

---
Yep, it's time to get back to my wip...Pete, come home. Gosh! Writing is like sex...I love it enough to die with a smile on my face and change in my pockets.

Spooky

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
E-mail from Pete of the Sombrero:

PeeDee; 12AUG06 10:02PM CDT said:
Hey Lori. :) It may be aprobos of nothing, but your e-mail comes to me at the end of one of those non-writing writing days, where I mostly knuckled around a difficult chapter of my novel and got nothing much done. (Unless you count Video Games Played, or Cats Pet, whichcase I am very productive indeed).

At any rate, days like today are the exception rather than the rule. I'm sure John (spooky) will be thrilled to hear this (har har) but I'm managing about 2,000 words a day minimum, with some days coming closer to 5,000 words. The banning from AW does wonders for my writing some days, although lack of a community does nothing for my general enjoyment.

I'm not sure I'll be done by quite September 1st (because those day-job-things tend to eat more of my time than I like) but I'll be done very close to it. Right now, if I keep getting my word counts as I've planned, I'll have reached 120,000 words by September 1st...whichcase, I'd better be close to done, or else I need to just shaddup.... :)

How are things on the AW front, then? What exciting things have I missed out on? Have the throngs of users cried forth, demanding to know where I went? ;-)

Okay, you encouraged me. I'll go do my writing for the day, then. Take care!

Pete!

SeanDSchaffer

I haven't seen a thread this active since Jenna banned DamaNegra.

I'm glad it's only temporary.

:e2shower:

Status
Not open for further replies.