A One-Person F/SF Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

acockey

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
I personally like the Sword and Laser podcast.. so that in blog would probably keep me coming back...book reviews, news on authors, etc.. Good luck on that!

Bec de Corbin

Registered
Reaction score
Mixing reviews of classic works with updates on new releases. I love hppodcraft's style, if that's any help.

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
I asked myself the same questions when I made my blog. I can't say if I found the magic balance, but I built my blog on the questions you're asking. I do book reviews of old and new stuff. I write about myth, folktale, fairy tale, and science. I stay on top of updating, but I don't have a rigid schedule. I don't write about writing because I'm aiming the blog at SF/F readers.

Maria S

Registered
Reaction score
I'm bored of the book review blogs. It is so overdone. I'd like to see blogs that focus on SFF in an interesting and unique way. I do try this with my own blog, especially since I could find only two others like it (and the two others were websites, not blogs).

Make it fun, put your voice out there and please don't tell us what you ate for breakfast! (Obviously kidding about the last part) I really am interested in unique perspectives on the genre.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I'm bored of the book review blogs. It is so overdone. I'd like to see blogs that focus on SFF in an interesting and unique way. I do try this with my own blog, especially since I could find only two others like it (and the two others were websites, not blogs).

Make it fun, put your voice out there and please don't tell us what you ate for breakfast! (Obviously kidding about the last part) I really am interested in unique perspectives on the genre.

how are you defining a "unique perspective on the genre"?

Weirdmage

Registered
Reaction score
Unless you are aiming for a large audience, just write a blog you would like to read yourself. If your goal is to get a large audience, then you had best forget about it, there's no way to guarrantee a large audience.
What keeps me coming back to a blog is if I like the content, that goes for most people. But everyone has different likes, so there's no RIGHT content to make that happen.

My advice is to just be yourself. Good luck with blogging!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Do you know 'Limyaael's Fantasy Rants'? I'd love to see someone discuss science fiction tropes that way. Interesting for both readers and writers.

Last edited:

Maria S

Registered
Reaction score
how are you defining a "unique perspective on the genre"?
Basically, ones personal perspective. I was just stressing the importance of a perspective verses reviewing a book.

There are so many fantasy book/film reviewers out there. I'd love a list of blogs discussing the genre. I've found a few websites like this, but the only fantasy genre blogs I've found are inactive.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
Basically, ones personal perspective. I was just stressing the importance of a perspective verses reviewing a book.

There are so many fantasy book/film reviewers out there. I'd love a list of blogs discussing the genre. I've found a few websites like this, but the only fantasy genre blogs I've found are inactive.

I can think of lots of blogs like that, including my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.