Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
BUT MARTHA IS THE GREATEST CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF DOCTOR WHO.

she's strong and selfless and saves the earth with absolutely no help whatsoever and doesn't even take credit for it

and she's brave and kind and loyal and smart

and she SAVES THE WORLD.

Like her or hate her, you gotta respect her.

A collection of spoilery posts on her amazingness here.

But yeah, Season 3 is my all-time favorite DW season.

MARTHA!

FAMILY OF BLOOD!

BLINK!

SALLY SPARROW!

THE MASTER!

Actually wait. The only character better than Martha is SALLY FREAKIN' SPARROW.

(also in season 3)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
But she's completely happy for him when they meet again in Journey's End. "Oh my God... he found you!", anyone?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around. Wasn't it the Doctor who kept hammering home that Martha would never, ever be as good as Rose?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I took my TMB index cards off the wall and they and a bit of my wall are mashed (I used glue dots). I may need to think of plan B.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
The upcoming TV series with the female Watson isn't called Sherlock Holmes. It's called Elementary. So by your definition it's now completely okay that Watson is a girl, right? :tongue

Back from class! Yes, if its called Elementary, then its completely ok. Interesting fact is did you know Sherlock was never actually written saying that line "Its elementary my dear Watson"

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know what was going on until now. My dad and sister left with her as soon as it happened, and they just came back. She has to stay at the vet all night.

Apparently she's beat up. She's bleeding very bad. I don't know about internally yet...

I don't know what to think. I haven't really... connected with her like my other dog, but... :S

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Back from class! Yes, if its called Elementary, then its completely ok. Interesting fact is did you know Sherlock was never actually written saying that line "Its elementary my dear Watson"

Apparently, that isn't an ACTUAL line. I know he says "Elementary" to Watson, but I read somewhere that the line "Elementary, my dear Watson" isn't a line in any books. I could be wrong; I haven't read any. YET.

I'm quite interested in seeing what they are going to do, especially with "Joan" Watson. I find it funny how they hired Johnny Lee Miller, who did Frankenstein with Benedict.

I don't think this one will be as good as Sherlock, they don't have Cumberbatch. :)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, that isn't an ACTUAL line. I know he says "Elementary" to Watson, but I read somewhere that the line "Elementary, my dear Watson" isn't a line in any books. I could be wrong; I haven't read any. YET.

I'm quite interested in seeing what they are going to do, especially with "Joan" Watson. I find it funny how they hired Johnny Lee Miller, who did Frankenstein with Benedict.

I don't think this one will be as good as Sherlock, they don't have Cumberbatch. :)

Its true! Never in any of the books. Its from the movies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My sister watched the dog get hit by the car (she got off her leash, went into the road, and down came the car...). She's shaken up.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone got any good resources for worldbuilding? Especially for urban fantasy?

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
I'M DONE FORMAL REVISION!

LET'S GO FLIP A POOL!

Amusing observation: I can write about the murder of a 15 year-old girl and the pursuit of a schizophrenic, psychopathic serial killer, but it's not until I include implicit oral sex that my book becomes "edgy" YA? *facepalm*

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone got any good resources for worldbuilding? Especially for urban fantasy?

Well, for Wake Up, I just read Unknown Armies.

I quote!

[In Unknown Armies, there is] a scenario in which you run into a woman who fires bullets from her mouth by screaming "I'm a gun!", heal a man by binding pages of the bible to his body, free a young girl from a circle of corpses who drop coins from their mouths in a constant trickle, before fleeing in an ambulance ride with Jesus from murderous cars who can only be hurt by tossing the aforementioned coins at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.