Simultaneous Submissions

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Is it ever ok to simultaneously submit two project ideas in a query letter?? I have two completed children's books, and both MS are under 500 words each. Is it ok to include the synopsis of both in my query letter as long as I keep it under the one page length??

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
There are a couple of agents who specifically ask you to query more than one project at a time. All are children's agents. See their guidelines. Erring on the side of caution says not to do so unless it's specifically asked for.

Lapinou

Registered
Reaction score
This is a useful thread, thank you!

I submitted two MSs in one go to an agent whose guidelines said minimum of one MS, maximum of 3 MSs for PBs. I was wondering what to do when I submit to the next agent I'm looking at that doesn't say to submit more than one...and now I know the answer :)

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Like the others said, this might be considered a big no-no. You should definitely query them separately unless told otherwise. Or better yet, wait until you get representation from an agent and then pitch the second project to that agent instead, but be sure to query only agents that represent both of the genres you write.