Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goodnight sadron!

I will share that pie with you Susie :) it is the least I can do.

Chorizo and eggs were delicious!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I has groceries. And no money. :cry:

sigh. I'm just glad to have one when I need the other. Or something like that....

hey, all! a/c's fixed for a mere $250, so this week we spent $550 on repairs. Hope the weekend is bettah. :)

btw, Mr. Suse and I are now from a mixed marriage. He's dieting 'n I'm not. He lost 11 pounds already! He needs to for his breathing, but dang it's not as much fun eatin' pie alone! :D Who wants some pie? I haz choco. :D

Susie - that blows on the repairs!! :( (get it? a/c blows?) oh no.... tell Mr Susie my condolences, but my congrats on the 11 lbs.

I also went to the grocery - spent ever' last nickle. There will be a lot of breakfast for dinner. But it's food. And I enjoy biscuits from a can.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hey, all! a/c's fixed for a mere $250, so this week we spent $550 on repairs. Hope the weekend is bettah. :)

btw, Mr. Suse and I are now from a mixed marriage. He's dieting 'n I'm not. He lost 11 pounds already! He needs to for his breathing, but dang it's not as much fun eatin' pie alone! :D Who wants some pie? I haz choco. :D

Ah! Sorry about the repair bills, Susie. I know the feeling.
*gets in the queue for the choco pie*

Goodnight sadron!

I will share that pie with you Susie :) it is the least I can do.

Chorizo and eggs were delicious!

Uh... Chorizo is...?

I also went to the grocery - spent ever' last nickle. There will be a lot of breakfast for dinner. But it's food. And I enjoy biscuits from a can.

You can get biscuits in a can? Is that biscuit as in cookie or biscuit as in scone? I haz a curious. :)

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chorizo is a delicious mexican sausage thing. Pretty greasy, but oh so good.

EDIT: after a quick wikipedia search I discovered Chorizo is spanish, not mexican.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whatever the origin, chorizo is considered Mexican here. There are many varieties of chorizo, and a lot of ways to use it.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Syd. I didn't think to look it up. (Must train brain to remember the internet) It sure looks hot - as in chillies. Wonder what it would be like sliced up thin and added to something like macaroni cheese. I'm thinking it could spice it up a bit. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chorizo is versatile; you can add it to a lot of dishes. It's kind of like ground beef when it comes to Mexican or semi-Mexican dishes; you can add it to this, or you can add it to that.

Some is very hot, but there is also a mild variation.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And then there is Cajun/Creole sausage . . .

;-)

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mexican food is not common here so I don't know much about it. (Burritos are small donkeys, right?) But I did make a cajun chicken dish once, using packaged cajun spices. I thought it was pretty good but my family didn't like it much.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
You can get biscuits in a can? Is that biscuit as in cookie or biscuit as in scone? I haz a curious. :)

to live without Mexican food.... *does not wish to live w/o Mexican food)

The biscuits are a breakfast variety, neither scone nor cookie - I guess scone is close, but they are flakier. The best are the buttermilk variety. It adds a gentle tang to it. i also love sourdough!

biscuit.gif

Most often cut in half and eaten with butter, or butter and honey, or with an egg or delicious breakfast meat layered inside like a sandwich.

mmmm.... breakfast meat....

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I've been at home, Duchess. Trying to sell it.

Anybody want to buy a house by the sea?

Free bedazzled glove with every purchase!

ROAR :D

really? How many times are you planning on selling it?

I'll buy it Rob, Iz homeless yanno. I have $800, deduct the air fare and what's left is yours. Okay, can't get air fare for that, maybe a canoe...

evening funners. :hi:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
The biscuits are a breakfast variety, neither scone nor cookie - I guess scone is close, but they are flakier. The best are the buttermilk variety. It adds a gentle tang to it. i also love sourdough!

Most often cut in half and eaten with butter, or butter and honey, or with an egg or delicious breakfast meat layered inside like a sandwich.

Mmmmm. Fresh, warm, flaky biscuits are the best. Especially with melted butter dripping off of them.

mmmm.... breakfast meat....

Heh. Heh. Hehehehehe . . . *removes brain from gutter*

Wait, what were we talking about again?

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Hi Nighty. And Purple Rose asked me to pass on a special 'hi' to you, with hugs. Here it is. :Hug2::Hug2:

Bettielee. That pic looks very much like what I would call a scone. I'd eat it the same way too. With butter and honey or butter, strawberry jam and cream.

Oh, shoot. Now I got me a scone craving. I'm going to have to make scones tomorrow.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, biscuits sound good right now.

Is Purple Rose still there? Where are the pics? Thanks for passing that on, Gail. :Hug2:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
buttermilk-biscuits-sl-1673191-l.jpg

Want biscuits!

Here, you can buy canned biscuits (dough), frozen biscuits, microwaveable biscuits, or, best of all, make them from scratch.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds so weird to hear people calling scones "biscuits"...

Down here, biscuits are of the cookie variety. Although funnily enough, the only time anyone ever calls them cookies here is when they're oversized and sold in a cafe...

Okay, so I might be wrong about that. Australia is a very varied place after all. But as far as the people I know, my statement is true.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds so weird to hear people calling scones "biscuits"...

Down here, biscuits are of the cookie variety. Although funnily enough, the only time anyone ever calls them cookies here is when they're oversized and sold in a cafe...

Okay, so I might be wrong about that. Australia is a very varied place after all. But as far as the people I know, my statement is true.

We go through the discussion about what a biscuit/scone is in the US vs. the UK about a hundred times a year on here somewhere. It's almost as bad as the debate about prologues.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a thread in Historical where people could ask "What's this called there?" for differences in the US and UK. I think it got moved to International.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever they are I want some. Now the thread is full of freshly baked biscuits/scones/cookies/fluffy goodness.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We should swap recipes. Then we can see how they turn out and decide if we're all talking about the same thing.

No. Purple Rose is on her way to (or in) Cape Town now. They left JHB for the game reserve early Tuesday morning, then they're spending four days in CT before flying home on the 19th.

Sorry, no pics. My camera malfunctioned.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we should change the subject.

Who wants to talk about spiders?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
thx much, betteh 'n Gail. It really sux but what can yah do... Now we sure do appreciate the a/c! :) oh, 'n ac :D Yum, big biscuits. Lurve those :)

PS No spiders. *shudders* :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.