How'd You Find This Site?

ZitaKatalin

I was blog hopping and came across this site:

www.inkthinker.blogspot.com ... and there I saw a link for this place.

Been wanting to join a forum for writers so I'm very happy that I happened upon this haven.

Now ... back to more reading.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
A good friend of mine told me about this site. It is everything he said it was. A wonderful resource for writers; I like it a lot.

MizzACEE

VERY Proud AUNTIE to be!!!
Registered
Reaction score
In a search I did for writing childrens books lol SO glad I found it, now I'm here every morning catching up!

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I was also looking for word count methods, like Gray Bear, and stumbled on the site. So very very glad that I did. I' have found so much useful information and received some good critiques on the story I posted in the Share Your Work forum.

Thanks so much for hosting such a vital and interesting writing community.
:PartySmil

Lucizzz

Registered
Reaction score
I was a member several years ago when the Absolute Write Water Cooler was at a different address - think I originally found it through an Aussie forum www.filmnet.org.au for filmmaking (which used the same server or something?). I used AWWC infrequently because at the time my main interest was scriptwriting, for which I found dedicated film boards more useful.

Recently I've been using the web to rise my writing horizons beyond Australia (and writing in several mediums), and a lot of different freelance writing sites had old links to the old address that didn't connect through to here. I knew I used to be a member - so went back via filmnet, and was redirected to the new (or not so new) site.

Am glad I found it again, as it is a huge resource!

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
I was actually referred here by a blog. The person was writing to warn people about fraudulent publishers and such, and along the way, they mentioned AW. I have a habit of checking links that people refer, even if just for a few seconds, and this one just happen to catch my attention long enough for me to stay and sign up. :)

Lissa

Registered
Reaction score
I was researching one of those "we'll pay you to write essays" web sites and found myself in a thread about legitimate but less than ethical businnesses that pay you to write essays that are then sold to college students. See, it always pays to do your research!

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a google search regarding a specific agent and this was one of the links from the search result. Since I'd just had a rejection the site looked good...so here I am.:Shrug:

nigelld

How did you find this site?

I did a google search on "writers forums" as I would like to write and have no idea how to start.

Annwyn

Registered
Reaction score
I got refered in from someone on the Weekend Writer's Forum - it seems like a great site!

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Room.

Hi room and Happy Thanksgiving ! I found this site by accident. I have also tried to find the chat rooms however it wont allow me access. Maybe because I'm new or maybe I'm just no good with the pc. If any of you can help please let me know, Thanks WritingMom....

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I was trying to find an agent's website -- stumbled onto P&E. Had no idea of what P&E really was, just thought it was a listing of agents. Did a bit more digging through there, hit an agent I'd met who was listed as "do not recommend". There was a link there that brought me to the Bewares and Background checks forum. Did some digging there, realized that I'd found the writer's version of El Dorado, and decided to stick around. ;)

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'm nearly finished with my first novel, Twelve Cylinders, and ran across Publish America. With such grand promises they make, I thought checking it out would be wise. That led me here. Which is a good thing (he says, plagiarizing Martha).

LunarMoon

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to find a place from which I could gain critiques on my work, discuss literary topics, and learn a bit more along the way so I brought to use one of the most convenient ways to find active forums: http://directory.big-boards.com.

Veradin

Registered
Reaction score
I found this forum while searching for positive feedback about PublishAmerica. You can laugh, it's okay.

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
What Happened ??

Hi I'm writingmom, and I am new to this site. For the last 2 days I could not enter Absolute Write and there was a post that this site had been shut down. I was dissapointed because I realy feel good when I enter because I need has much help as I can recieve. Well I'm here and happy to see it up and running. I hope all goes well, writingmom..:)

The Lizard

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydeangeles.com
I found you along a winding road of other connections! Mainstay is Australian Writers Guild. They were chatting about InkTip.com and that led me here.

So g'day from the Great Southern Land!

L

Old Prospector

I was directed to AR15.com where another N00b is putting together a great novel.
One guy there gave the n00b some first class suggestion and offered this site.
Being I'm doing some historical writing myself, thought I'd join.