A Game of Thrones Mega Thread (No Book Discussion)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So a very current and popular thread, then?

Ah well, no worries then. Mea culpa.

Here you go, willie

I think some forget we have a no book discussion thread. I haven't read them and stuck with this thread last season. I'm debating reading them since I really don't want to wait until next April for season 3

willietheshakes

Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go, willie

I think some forget we have a no book discussion thread. I haven't read them and stuck with this thread last season. I'm debating reading them since I really don't want to wait until next April for season 3

I appreciate the effort, but this thread has NO discussion of season two whatsoever. I just figured, in a sub-forum on television, theatre and movies, on a board which has as its motto respect your fellow writer, I could actually discuss a current television series and not have to worry about spoilers. Again, mea culpa.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's hoping we can get this thread going again for those of us who haven't read the books.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Where's Thoth? :)

I can't wait to see The King Beyond the Wall...

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
The locations, the costumes, the sets .. . . so lush and gorgeous! The featurette is up at HBO's site. The actor that plays Rob Stark has a cute accent. :D I can't wait for March! And Dr. Who is going to be on in a few weeks for the Christmas special so I'm pretty happy about that too!!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Drool!

Ciarin Hinds is so amazing. Loved him as Caesar. Will have to dig out the Rome CDs just to get prepared for his awesomeness. I hear the actor who played Brutus in Rome is playing Edmure Tully, Cat's brother. It's a reunion! If only we can get Ray Stevenson as Victarion in future seasons, we'll be set.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Drool!

Ciarin Hinds is so amazing. Loved him as Caesar. Will have to dig out the Rome CDs just to get prepared for his awesomeness. I hear the actor who played Brutus in Rome is playing Edmure Tully, Cat's brother. It's a reunion! If only we can get Ray Stevenson as Victarion in future seasons, we'll be set.

I thought the first reunion attempt was John Carter.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really excited for this. This will be the first time I've read the book before the season premieres, so I can jump into the show without reservation.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Did not see John Carter. Tell me of reunions!

It had the actor who played Ceasar as a king, the actor who played Marc Antony as the king's captain and charming rouge second-in-command and the actress who did Attia providing the voice of one of the Martians.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
It had the actor who played Ceasar as a king, the actor who played Marc Antony as the king's captain and charming rouge second-in-command and the actress who did Attia providing the voice of one of the Martians.

Damn. Another reason to see this film. I've wanted to, just haven't gotten around to it. And Attia in anything is worthy, imho. She is a goddess!

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight on the Sherlock Holmes series "Elementary," there was a security firm named Casterly Rock. ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Season 3 air date has been released, March 31

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I can order my HBO literally an hour before it starts on March 31st then dump it when GoT is finished. :) We have to tighten our budget for those three months, which is fine.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I can order my HBO literally an hour before it starts on March 31st then dump it when GoT is finished. :) We have to tighten our budget for those three months, which is fine.

I was able to get HBO because our cable provider is having a special. I'll cancel after GOT is done too.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, hang on, just a minute now. How long until it comes to the UK? Are we going to have to wait another few months for it? Please tell me that aint true. Come on, give me something, anything. A little hope, that's all I ask.