Cover Page guidelines

Taylor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a cover page for my novel. Does anyone have any links to guidelines for that? I found the following online, do you all agree with it, or what? Thanks!

• Unagented:
    • Contact information — Name and address, phone number and e-mail address in the top left corner of the page, single spaced, left-justified
    • Title — centered, just above the middle of the page
    • by — centered and one double-spaced line beneath the title
    • Name or pen name — centered and one double-spaced line beneath the word by
    • Word count — centered and rounded to the nearest thousand, one double-spaced line beneath your name or pen name

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a cover page for my novel. Does anyone have any links to guidelines for that? I found the following online, do you all agree with it, or what? Thanks!

• Unagented:
    • Contact information — Name and address, phone number and e-mail address in the top left corner of the page, single spaced, left-justified
    • Word count — centered and rounded to the nearest thousand, one double-spaced line beneath your name or pen name
This is pretty much what I do, except my word count is upper right and By is on the same line as my name.

You can look up this info in style manuals (Like the Chicago Manual of Style) at your library. I believe the styles vary, so anything that contains the needed info and looks professional should be fine.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

• Unagented:

The only thing I have ever seen different is "Name or Pen Name". You'd write something like "Jane ReAlname writing as Joan pen Name."

I've also seen to put word count in the upper right hand corner.

Anything a publisher/agent requests trumps anything you find online.