New guy here. What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. House

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to join a writing forum for awhile, but kept forgetting...until now, that is.

I have been writing for 10 years hoping to get published and a make a career out of selling books. Unfortunately, no one in my family knows the first thing about writing. As a result, I have pretty much been on my own as far as writing and learning what I need to do to get published.

I hope to find information about agents, how to seek freelance work (to get my name out there), and just learn how to improve my writing.

My current projects are all novels, but at once time I wrote a series of short stories about the crazy parties I went to in college. As of now, I am writing a science fiction series and a stand-alone coming-of-age murder mystery that is turning into an erotic thriller.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Mr. House;

As far as "I'M" concerned there's nothing wrong with writing novels. I too am unpublished & hope to "break into the biz" sometime soon. I think that if you can get help anywhere HERE would be the place for that.

Good luck & have fun!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Mr. House

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

How did you guys all get such large avatars? It kept saying mine was too big.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler, Mr. House! This is a great place to find answers to all of your questions about the publishing world. Enjoy! :)

LizzieFriend

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! If you're looking for info on agents, you should check out these blogs:

Bookends LLC, Query Shark, Janet Reid, Nathan Bransford, Rachelle Gardner, Pub Rants, Editorial Anonymous, Jill Corcoran Books, Pimp My Novel

All of the above have tons of good info about the business, query letters, general advice about writing, and all kinds of other useful stuff. There are also tons of other agent blogs out there, and I'm sure the other members can provide more links. I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!:hi:

Just passing this along:
Okay, everyone - today's the day. The boards will be turned off today at approximately 3:30 pm, Pacific (USian) time/6:30 pm, East Coast time. That lets us grab the most recent data and move us to the temp host. At that point, I'll redirect the DNS.

Then what will happen is you'll get a "page not found" error when you attempt to go to absolutewrite.com, that may last for anywhere from the next hour to about three days.

You can watch for updates in these places:
AW Twitter Feed (@absolutewrite)
Written in Stone
Facebook
The AW chat room

Thanks!

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Mr. House. Welcome.

I didn't see your question addressed, though I maight have missed it. Benefactor status (a nominal cash amount -- options range IIRC from $5-20) will get you access to a larger avatar.

---
added: Maybe other ways, but that's a sure one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.