Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
They're SPECTACULAR. They're probably not everyone's style of music, but they're just so good.

And...really? I would never have guess on that one :O

ETA: I think the US school system is simple and the UK one is baffling, lol.

Yeah I know just found out and my jaw dropped. Also found out that one of my top 20 favorite bands is Canadian too. Who would have thought Theory of a Dead Man was.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to pop on and tell you all I'm gonna be on an internet hiatus until I finish a beta-ready draft of CMRH. I'll still check in from time to time though. I wish everyone the best with writing and life! And lots of good luck and congrats and hugs as need be for you all in the near future.

<3 you all!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ally, #2 is the model I'm used to. All school these days around me follow that pattern.

As for the U.S. being confusing: yes, we are an overcomplicated people. Very overcomplicated. We enjoy confusing ourselves and others because we think it makes us smart.

Some examples: using whatever system we use instead of the metric system, our weird school system patterns, our overcomplicated language complete with confusing grammar rules--but you guys in the UK are part of that, too. We just made it even more complicated. ;) --, etc.

Go USA!

LOL.

I was the 1st model. Grade school then highschool simple and easy. But i went to catholic school and that how almost all of them do it.

Yeah and the us using inches and feet instead of the metric system royally screwed me up when it came to science. Because you have to go and learn the damn metric system anyway! Now after using that so much I have no idea how to use the whole inches and feet again.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I need to listen to Glee or my playlist when plotting.

Now if only I could plot quicker.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to pop on and tell you all I'm gonna be on an internet hiatus until I finish a beta-ready draft of CMRH. I'll still check in from time to time though. I wish everyone the best with writing and life! And lots of good luck and congrats and hugs as need be for you all in the near future.

<3 you all!

Awwwwwww! Well we will all miss you! Good luck with CMRH!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of plotting, anyone want to read my plot of UZ and tell me what they think of it. I have a few questions I want someones opinion on.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that on FB, Karla, and it made me sad :( But good luck with CMRH!

Ally, I would offer, but I'm finally actually getting some work done on CC&C and I want to keep the flow going. If you still need someone to look at it later tonight or tomorrow though, I can do it then :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I WILL FINISH THE UNDERDOGS OUTLINE THIS WEEK.

If anyone has any tips for doing a detailed outline, PM me. I'm going to bed.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
A friend and I just reached a fun conclusion. I love her as much as I love cheesecake, and she loves me as much as she loves potatoes.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
The UK system makes nooooo sense to me. I still don't know who came up with the ides of people choosing their major before they start uni. Um. I'd die.

ARI CANADA PRODUCED ME SO YOU SHOULD HAVE ETERNAL GRATITUDE.

And Justin Bieber is totally my husband SO THERE.

(I really don't understand why people hate the Biebs. I'm maybe a casual fan at best. I hate artists for beating up their girlfriends -cough-chrisbrown-cough- and compared to that I don't understand why you'd hate justin bieber just cause his songs and fans annoy you)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I don't HATE Justin Bieber. I just think he's a friggin' moron because I saw an interview once where he couldn't even list the seven continents properly.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
He seriously couldn't remember Australia existed. He also forgot Antarctica, and I think Europe took him a minute, too. I was staring at my screen just thinking "Who raised this idiot...?"

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Haha! It's funny how so many people don't realize that Australia is both a continent and a country. And kind of sad.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
One thing Will brought up that really was and eyeopener for me when it comes to his fans is the fact that 40 year old woman can like him and hold up "I love Justin" signs, and its not creepy, but if you had a 40 year old man listening to like Selena Gomez and drooling over her, they would be considered perverts.

I also just don't understand why he is famous... People who get famous for really no reason pisses me off in general.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
He's famous for his cruddy generic pop songs. Just like most pop artists. The difference is that some cruddy generic pop songs make themselves better because of science...like the brain gets addicted whether the person actually likes it or not. I assume this is why I listen to Kesha, because I don't like her music.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
She annoys me and i heard she sucks live.

And his voice just drives me insane.

But i have very very picky music tastes.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I listen to sooooo much music it's not funny. Like the current song total on my computer is a bit over 7300. Or higher, I forget. The number is somewhere. I don't listen to a lot of the insanely popular pop music though. It comes in sometimes--I do like Kelly Clarkson, for instance.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
...but Australia ISN'T a continent.

It's the largest country in Oceania, but there's also New Zealand, etc.

At least, that's what I learned in school.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
We were always taught that Australia is a continent. I even had this huge book (and by huge I mean it was like 3/4 my height when it was standing up) that went through all of the continents and Australia was very much in there.

Also this:
Australia is the world's smallest continent, comprising the mainland of Australia and proximate islands including Tasmania, New Guinea, the Aru Islands and Raja Ampat Islands. Australia and these nearby islands, all part of the same geological landmass, are separated by seas overlying the continental shelf — the Arafura Sea and Torres Strait between Australia and New Guinea, and Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yes Australia is totally a continent.

North America
South America
Africa
Australia
Europe
Asia
Antarctica

Just curious, what were you taught they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.