Last Movie You Watched...

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
We just received How to Train Your Dragon from Netflix so we'll be checking that one out this weekend. Heard it was really good. We also have the 3rd movie from the Transformers trilogy from Netflix. Will be back with opinions.

movieman

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
worldsunimagined.blogspot.com
I tried to watch the animated movie called 9 the other night. It was terrible so I gave up.

I don't think you missed much; it started with an interesting idea, but I barely managed to watch it to the end and honestly don't remember what happened.

Last movie I watched was 'Hanna', which again started well but rather fell apart in the second half. Not bad, but not great either.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Real Genius. A pretty goofy but creative 80s teen movie about science nerds discovering they built a weapons for the government.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Hangover II - I loved it. Funnier than the first, but almost exactly the same, somehow...

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Hangover II - I loved it. Funnier than the first, but almost exactly the same, somehow...

Really? I liked the first one, but thought from the commercials that the sequel looked like it might be on the far fetched way out there corny side.

jackso

Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching WAR . awesome movie. actually i like this type of action movie.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I liked the first one, but thought from the commercials that the sequel looked like it might be on the far fetched way out there corny side.

The writers found a way, to me, at least, of making it vaquely plausible....by way of Alan's bizzarro actions...

I laughed a lot. I'm not saying its Oscar material...but it's fun.

Dave Hardy

Don't let your deal go down,
Registered
Reaction score
Thrillers in Arab countries

Earlier this evening I watched The Battle of Algiers online. Then I watched The Devil's Double on DVD.

Both are very good films, but holy crap that's a lot of cinematic torture to watch in a single day.

Last edited:

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The J. Edgar movie. I've always been interested in Hoover, so I probably enjoyed it more than the average viewer would have. It was deliberately paced, as they say, and even as Oscar bait I don't think it quite makes the cut. There were good performances all around, but IMO they focused a bit too much on the Tolson/Hoover relationship and not quite enough on him being a deeply insane fascist person who dripped evil from his very pores. Interested parties can safely wait til video.

Last edited:

movieman

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
worldsunimagined.blogspot.com
Damnation Alley; I just picked up the Blu-Ray to replace my old VHS rip.

From George Peppard's awful fake accent to the killer cockroaches, it's one of those movies that just makes you wonder 'what the hell were they thinking?' and 'did they spend the multi-million dollar budget on crack?'

The most mind-boggling part is realising that it was made the same year as Star Wars and had a 50% larger budget yet it looks like a Roger Corman cheapie shot in a week for $100k.

This is one case where someone really should remake a movie, this time one that actually bears more than a very minor resemblance to the book. Or even the Judge Dredd version.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fright Night...the new one with Colin Farrel, Anton Yelchin, and the incredible David Tennant, and, of course, McLuvin. Fun. Intense. Well done. Tennant and McLuvin steal their scenes.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Monkey Movie: or as it's also known, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Wow. Somebody give Andy Sirkus an Oscar already. And James Franco looking lovely. Lithgow was great, too...incredible film. Not what I was expecting...in a really good way.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Green Lantern - I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as everybody made it out to be. I skipped it when it was out in theaters because the pretty much all of the reviews were openly hostile. I'm not saying it was great, but I think 'perfectly serviceable' is fair. It was colorful, the dialogue didn't usually make me cringe and it moved along nicely. One or two spots were genuinely funny. I'd put it in about the same range as the Spiderman movies.

Also, the 3d was pretty darn good.

Conan the Barbarian - Another one I skipped because of bad reviews. In this case I agree wholeheartedly and wish I'd listened. The 3d sucked as well.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.
Fun action movie, with great scenery (not a lot of India though), flashy cars, gorgeous Paula Patton, too many gadgets and quite some humor.
Does that make it sound like a James Bond movie? Yes, it does.
The Bourne Identity steered Bond in a whole new direction, but I must admit, after M:I4 the new Bond (Skyfall) will have quite a task looking spectacular.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Fright Night...the new one with Colin Farrel, Anton Yelchin, and the incredible David Tennant, and, of course, McLuvin. Fun. Intense. Well done. Tennant and McLuvin steal their scenes.

I watched that last night. I liked it. I thought McLuvin did a great job. Sadly, I don't know his real name, LOL. I'll watch anything with Colin Farrel.