Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Good - now subbing to other agents *sighs* :)

And then I am going to finish up another MS and start subbing it when this one is done. :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the rejection, PD. Go revenge query that thing

Any helpful comments at least?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

The agent told me that she liked the characters, I was great at weaving chemistry between them, the pacing was great, and the plot was intriguing. She said that she liked this book very much - but didn't fall wholly in love with it.

*sigh*

So I'm a little bummed. It sounds like I did good - just not good enough :/

Oh well. :)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Those are great comments though. It says it's a good book, but you just need someone to fully fall in love with it.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah great comments! Dont loose hope, if one agent already really liked it, your petty set already!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
there were 18 rejections before her, and 5 more while I was waiting to hear back that had been queried before she asked for the Full.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'll cross mine too! I'm sure you will find one soon!

At least think of it this way, your way ahead of me. I've never even queried.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Yay, i was afraid no one would remember me, and i'd be the new kid on the block again hehehe.

School has been killing me, but this week was spring break so at least i got a well deserved break and time to write. On my 11th book!

How have you been!?

I'm doing really well. Feeling the pressure now that I'm entering the soon-to-be-published world, but happy for it.

Wow 11th book! That's impressive!

Hi guys, finally got my rejection letter on the Full.

She thought the book was great, she just didn't fall wholly in love with it. :/

*trying again with the next agent.

Sorry about the R, but don't give up. Looks like she had great things to say about your book, so you just have to find the right agent to love it. It seriously is a numbers game. Good luck!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm still subbing, so I'll just have to wait and see.:)

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for must-read "How to Write" books? I know King's On Writing is popular. I'm currently reading The Successful Novelist by David Morrell. I'm only into chapter 1, but I LOVE it so far.
I received "The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing" as as Christmas gift. It's a Writer's Digest book that includes a bunch of short articles by various authors (Margaret Atwood, Terry Brooks, Terry McMillan, Joyce Carol Oates, John Updike, Kurt Vonnegut, etc.). Each section focuses on a different aspect of writing and publishing. I thought it was an interesting compilation.

Last edited:

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
I received "The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing" as as Christmas gift. It's a Writer's Digest book that includes a bunch of short articles by various authors (Mararet Atwood, Terry Brooks, Terry McMillan, Joyce Carol Oates, John Updike, Kurt Vonnegut, etc.). Each section focuses on a different aspect of writing and publishing. I thought it was an interesting compilation.

I LOVE M. Atwood. I will definitely check into that. Thanks for the suggestion!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You haven't queried? Why not?

Because of my learning disorders I can never get any of the books i wrote in perfect condition, even after 10 years of writing them. Grammar and me dont get along well, so that leads me down the slippery slope of not being able to get betas, and without betas i cant figure out if there is anything wrong, and i dont have the money to pay for an editor.

Hoping my luck with turn around soon though a friend on here is an editor who told me she would read and fix stuff for free! So I'm hoping by the summer i might finally be able to query.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Because of my learning disorders I can never get any of the books i wrote in perfect condition, even after 10 years of writing them. Grammar and me dont get along well, so that leads me down the slippery slope of not being able to get betas, and without betas i cant figure out if there is anything wrong, and i dont have the money to pay for an editor.

Hoping my luck with turn around soon though a friend on here is an editor who told me she would read and fix stuff for free! So I'm hoping by the summer i might finally be able to query.

That's a great friend! I'm crossing my fingers for you! :Hug2:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

Hopefully i can submit to Strange Chemistry next month but i dont really know.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited about Strange Chemistry. I knew it was April and was so disappointed that it didn't start until mid-April when I checked again the other day. I'm ready to submit now!

In other news, the tornado sirens are going off. Don't worry, it's for the other side of the county. But it seems like the perfect opportunity to work on this TM scene, where my characters are hiding from sirens too. (I was planning on finishing betaing a novel, but I can't let this pass!)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, It looks like that my MS might not be finished being edited in time, but oh well. I hear its might be happening every year.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. I disappeared for a few days. I need to not do that.

Sage, congrats on the full. Best of luck on your siren scene.

This week is a research week for me since my editor has two of my other manuscripts to accept/reject. I also need to work on my one blog's layout, which is likely what I'll be doing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.