Online Book Group anybody?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll throw this one out because I read it a while back and would like to read it again:

The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

I'm all for that one, I have the book sitting in waiting already. ;)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I already read TTW, so I vote for it. This would be fun.

(or should I be shameless and suggest mine? LOL)

p.s. actually, I do think maybe it would be good if we support fellow AWers while having the book club... there are so many AWers' books to choose from already.

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score

p.s. actually, I do think maybe it would be good if we support fellow AWers while having the book club... there are so many AWers' books to choose from already.

I was thinking the same thing Ray. And I'd love to read your book. I just tried to order Celina's but I have to get a kindle to do it.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
We can do the Time Traveler's Wife. I started reading it but had to put it aside because of stuff happening in my life at the time, but I'd like to read it again. all though I just started rereading Gone With the Wind, so...not sure I'll be able to start the other book right away. And they're both pretty heavy books to read at the same time.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

I think this is a great idea also...not just reading your book, Ray, but supporting our fellow AWers who have published.

*sigh* Perhaps one day I'll be among you. *eyes glaze over as she looks off into the distance imagining her name on the spine...*

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score

So you want to read it again? or are you voting for US to read it? That makes it interesting.....people voting for us to read something they enjoyed...hmmm.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, this would be a great way to get beta readers. :D

I suggest my unpublished, almost editted book. :tongue

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Better yet, maybe someone should start a beta readers book group. :tongue

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Get back ON TOPIC!

We need more titles!!!!! I can't have fun choosing a title when there are only two to choose from!!!!!!

MORE TITLES!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait till the PM AWers get on and shed some light on TTW. I am beginning to smell a winner. Woohoooo!!!

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
TTW has been on my TBR list for years now. This would be a great incentive to finally read it.

Dark Cyril

Registered
Reaction score
How about The Years Of Rice And Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson?

It's one that's been on my TBR list (along with nearly three quarters of my bookshelf, lol), though I've never gotten the chance to sit down and plug through it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest Amy Tan's "Saving Fish From Drowning" because (1) I've just borrowed it from the library, and (2) Amy Tan is brilliant.

Maybe it was where I was at the moment, or that it was a mass market paperback, AND IF YOU KNOW ME YOU KNOW I DESPISE MMP's, but I picked up The Bonesetters Daughter and couldn't get into it. Again, may have been the mmp aspect.

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Maybe it was where I was at the moment, or that it was a mass market paperback, AND IF YOU KNOW ME YOU KNOW I DESPISE MMP's, but I picked up The Bonesetters Daughter and couldn't get into it. Again, may have been the mmp aspect.

Yeah, I don't think that's her best work.

How about A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini?

I think we have quite a few suggestions now. Let the voting begin!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that's her best work.

How about A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini?

I think we have quite a few suggestions now. Let the voting begin!

I want to read ATSS but don't have the cash to buy it for January....I'd like to see it in the polls for February or March though. Especially now that the Paperback is out.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I want to read ATSS but don't have the cash to buy it for January....I'd like to see it in the polls for February or March though. Especially now that the Paperback is out.

Can you get it at the library? And it's been out long enough it might be at a used book store. I have a borrowed copy and it's on my TBR list.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Can you get it at the library? And it's been out long enough it might be at a used book store. I have a borrowed copy and it's on my TBR list.

Well, I owe them about $40. Going back to like 4 years ago. Think they still want their money?

AND....I don't like hard's. And I don't like borrowing anyways. I am a trophy collector. If I've read it, I like to keep it, if I enjoyed it anywho.

Dark Cyril

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. On that note, I'd prefer to keep most of the books read as paperback, just for the cost aspect (much like jennifer, I owe our library a good bit of money, lol).

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Off topic alert:

Our library has one day a month where you can turn in overdue books and pay with canned goods for the food bank. It doesn't matter how overdue they are.