*Insert Random Title Here*

Josh Fitzgerald

Sloth-Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, afternoon, evening and night to you (depends on where you are at I suppose). I just want to introduce myself. My name is Josiah, but everyone just calls me Josh.

I was told a long time ago that I should write for other people but I never thought anything of it. It wasn't until recently when I was going back through some of my stories that I had written when I was younger that I felt a sense to do more.

My overall dream is to bring entertainment to as many people as I can. I do this through my unique telling of stories. I don't want to brag and say I'm 'amazing' at writing (because I'm not), but I know how to tell a story and I would like to offer what I know to anyone who is interested. I will ask for help occasionally and I will gladly accept what I can get if that isn't too much.

Another reason for me joining this forum is I want to make the stories I write readable to people. I've been working on getting them published in magazines and I have two lined up for publishing but they are in the final stages of my proofing. Once I get them sent and they are approved or rejected, I would like to place them on here for all of you to enjoy.

I apologize if this post may seem long, and I will refrain from doing so in the future. Again, thank you for taking your time to read this and I look forward to meeting all of you.

-JF

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Josh! :welcome:

AW is, imo, the best online writing community and resource around, bar none. There's a ton of excellent info here regarding writing and publishing, and writers at all stages of their writing journeys (from aspiring to award-winning) to hang out with. Dive right in; be a part of the discussions.

We have a 50-post requirement before anybody can share their work for critique (note: the purpose of our SYW area is for critique, not general sharing), but there's no post requirement for getting in and offering comments on the work of others. I'd recommend doing this, actually, as you can often learn more from critiquing the work of others than from having your own work critiqued.

See you around the boards! :)

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Josh; you've come to the right place. May you bring entertainment to the masses!

bluediamond

The scribbled word is alive!
Registered
Reaction score
welcome

Welcome josh
I am a newbie also to this forum, and it's great to see more writers
are coming aboard.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score