Status
Not open for further replies.

Nononana

A little obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninagjones.com
So, I currently have my new release on Amazon, Kobo, and BN.

Amazon is by far out performing both. I expected that to be the case for Kobo and even Nook, but I feel like I am missing out on a whole group of readers with the Nook.

I have read about people promoting for nook and even some romance writers getting better Nook sales than Amazon, but for the life of me I don't see a way to effectively promote directly to nook readers.

Most bloggers or promo sites I have encountered ask for Amazon links, effectively ignoring nook readers. People just love their 1-click Amazon accounts.

For those who have had success or promote to nook readers, how have you been targeting this market? At this point I have it up on my website as a purchase link, that's as targeted as I have gotten.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say thanks for remembering us Nook people. I love my Nook and have no desire to switch to Kindle, so it is frustrating when books are only available at amazon.

aimeestates

MADNESS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yarghing.com
I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say thanks for remembering us Nook people. I love my Nook and have no desire to switch to Kindle, so it is frustrating when books are only available at amazon.

I think this presents an opportunity for information as well, though. Where are you Nook users finding titles other than the B&N site?

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Nook and love it. I so far only get my books from B&N. I did purchase two from Smashwords.

This would be something great to figure out since I do have a Nook I would like to be able and purchase my own book for my device when/if I ever get it published.

I'm not sure why we Nook readers are seemingly overlooked.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
I think this presents an opportunity for information as well, though. Where are you Nook users finding titles other than the B&N site?

Ahhh, good question. I confess I usually look for books on amazon, because I like to read reviews. Then when I find something I like I click over to B&N to buy it. :)

I have also thought of supporting AW authors, only to be disappointed that they don't offer Nook.

And of course, suggestions from friends, and Goodreads.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
My Amazon KDP sales were higher overall than on any other sales channel, until this year. I'm not sure what happened, but suddenly it has become a 50/50 split between Smashwords' sales channels (B&N, Apple's iBookstore, Kobo, Sony, etc.) and Amazon KDP. I would love to know why the change all of a sudden, but I really don't have any idea. I decided in early 2012 to release the first book of a trilogy through Amazon KDP Select for 90 days and then distribute to all other sales channels. I followed that model throughout 2012 and 2013. I wanted my books available on as many sales channels as possible, but also wanted the ability to offer a title free. I also had people specifically request that my books be available for Nook (back when a specific title was still in Select and not available through B&N).

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I don't think I've sold a single book on Nook in the past 2 months since it came off KDP Select. I have exactly 3 sales to date on non-Kindle platforms, compared to 50-60 per month on Kindle.

So, Nook readers, buy my book :)

Nononana

A little obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninagjones.com
Thanks everyone for your input.

It seems like there is space out there for someone to promote or blog exclusively to Nook readers. I don't have the time (or desire) to do it, but I think if done right, they could get some traction as there seems to be a lot lacking in that department.

My BN sales seem to come from people clicking on the Amazon link during a fb promo and then looking it up in BN. Maybe goodreads, but my following there is not very active.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
From what I understand the way Kindle Direct works ... you can list your books with all ereaders after the exclusive period is over ... though Smashwords seems to have those bases covered too.

One good thing about Nook for writers: you get more per sale from Nook. At least I do. Payment from Kindle is paltry.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
From what I understand the way Kindle Direct works ... you can list your books with all ereaders after the exclusive period is over ... though Smashwords seems to have those bases covered too.

One good thing about Nook for writers: you get more per sale from Nook. At least I do. Payment from Kindle is paltry.

Clarification:

KDP = Kindle Direct Publishing (there is no exclusivity clause, e-books may be available through all sales channels).
KDP Select = Kindle Direct Publishing Select (there IS a 90-day exclusivity clause. Your e-book can only be listed with Amazon KDP Select).

Status
Not open for further replies.