• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] December House

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And even on their own site, unless I'm missing something, no mention whatsoever of any staff.
Authors, yes, there are brief bios of two of their authors. Unless the authors are the staff?
No positions, no names, thus no way to judge their experience, except that the home page's copyright is dated 2014. If that's about when they started, I'd wait a bit and see how they do.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
The links to one of their books on Amazon has a release date of 2012, so they started well before 2014. They have several books out and a half dozen authors. The cover art is good, but they only do eBooks. I don't see any staff listed, though, which Frimble3 pointed out. But they seem legit. Probably don't pay any kind of advance. It's "December House Ltd." which means they're in the UK. Not that it matters. Might be a good place to get your foot in the door.

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
I'm an author who got my foot in the door of an epublisher a few years ago. They went bankrupt and I lost the rights to my book, as far as I can tell. I would recommend to anyone thinking of submitting to a newish publisher that they wait a few years and see how the company is doing before they risk it. Read a few threads for some of the newer publishers and just observe the kinds of problems the authors are having to get an idea why.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Their covers are nice, but still, they are just e-books. I agree with Karen, I would wait a while and see how it goes.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Six books and 1.5 years put them well into already 'going' IMHO. FWIW all their book seem to sell at 99c. Which is an odd choice in the current climate for ebook sales.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Six books and 1.5 years --
One ebook every three months. At that pace they don't have to know what they're doing, or be good at it. That's enough time to fumble each title through the pipeline via a process of successive approximation, a.k.a. trial and error.

jaredbryce

Registered
Reaction score
That's enough time to fumble each title through the pipeline via a process of successive approximation, a.k.a. trial and error.

"Enough time to fumble?" Geez, I know it's smart to be skeptical about all start-up publishers but sometimes the level of cynicism and negativity on these forums to presses they have absolutely no connection to whatsoever depresses me.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
"Enough time to fumble?" Geez, I know it's smart to be skeptical about all start-up publishers but sometimes the level of cynicism and negativity on these forums to presses they have absolutely no connection to whatsoever depresses me.

Welcome to AW!

Unfortunately, there's good reason. If you'll go up to the index and click on publishers, you'll notice a lot of names are in gray. Some are good publishers and sadly missed, but many are startups that didn't make it for one reason or another.

Go read up on the threads for some of those grayed-out publishers, and you may understand our reasons for caution.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last books pubbed in '15, dissolved in '16.