• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Beta for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerloves101

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for a Beta reader for my YA novel, The Circle of Eight. It is 58,000 words currently, still may add a few details here and there, but the full story is complete. I am still working on my query, so I will I post a short intro about my story. If you are intersted, please comment or PM me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the world of Third Earth, humans and magical creatures live together in harmony, except for one place: Llyndor Town, Wales, where magical creatures are illegal.

One of the most popular legends of Third Earth is the Tale of Circles, a story about the most dangerous magical creatures, Faeries. During the early ages of First Earth, eight Faeries mysteriously settled in Brittania and started to murder innocent people, wiping away the king's army in the process. They couldn't be stopped. But when all hope was lost, a young boy who appeared from nowhere, armed with nothing but a sword and shield, slayed each and every Faerie. The people of Brittania, as well as the rest of First Earth, celebrated once the Faeries were gone, but the boy dissapeared. The people called him the Hero of Time, and the prophecy states that when the Faeries died, their magic didn't die with them, and one day, their inheritance would be passed onto their descendents and when that day would come . . . they hoped that the Hero of Time would be there to save the world again.

Ever since the tragic fire that killed his parents at an early age, Lucas Andersen has lived a peaceful life with his aunt in Llyndor Town. When Aunt Jane leaves to attend her best friend's wedding, she leaves Lucas with strict instructions, no parties, but his best friend Kieran, has other ideas. On his thirteenth birthday there is someone at the door, and Lucas assumes it's a neighbor who has come to complain about noise but instead he is met with a curly haired man who seems stunned to see him. He isn't a neighbor and has come to warn him.

"The people who killed your parents are coming for you."

Last edited:

weenie

Registered
Reaction score
I would be thrilled to give this a read. I don't have anything to swap at the moment. I just want to try and improve my own writing by studying the writing of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.