• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

D4EO Literary Agency (formerly D4EO Literary Partners) (Robert Diforio)

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
sorry about the R, beth light. though anything but a form R is always a good sign. ;)

mgkatz

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the R Beth. I was wondering what day you sent in your full? I'm waiting to hear back from her myself!

I got a very nice R today from Mandy. She had really nice things to say about my writing and had some really great feedback. She ultimately rejected my ms because it was too old to be YA. Oh well. I think it's more of a NA book right now, but I'm working on revisions to make it more YA. We'll see.

Anyway, Mandy was great. I have nothing but nice things to say about her and how she works. :)

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the R Beth. I was wondering what day you sent in your full? I'm waiting to hear back from her myself!
I sent my full out to her on the 18th of Feb. But, she has said she doesn't read fulls in the order she receives them.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Beth Light, with whatever you end up deciding to do with your novel. Her positive comments on your writing is definitely a bonus. :D

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have a full out with Mandy? She just tweeted this:

"I create folders for all my clients in Gmail. I think I get to create a new one today. :) "

If so, have your phone handy and good luck!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw that! Anyone know how many clients she has now? I'm hoping to requery her in August.

[email protected]

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.toryminus.blogspot.com
Ms. Hubbard @ D4EO

I e-queried Ms. Hubbard on 4-23-10 (yesterday) and would be thrilled if she connects with my first YA novel. She's a big "tweeter," so I've followed her closely today in hopes of reading something I can squeal about.
icon11.gif

I'll keep you all posted! Please check out my blog at www.toryminus.blogspot.com Have a great weekend, everyone! Tory

Annarkie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brooklynann.blogspot.com
Robert emailed me back saying that his colleague already rejected it, wished me luck and signed it "Bob."
Guess an R from 1 is an R from all.

I have mixed feelings about that policy.

Still I'm sure they would've been great to work with.

Sakura-chan

Registered
Reaction score
Just curious...

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else besides Annarkie has queried Joyce. If so, has she requested a partial or full from anybody and what are her response times like? Thanks.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I friend of mine received a call from her asking for my friend's full. This came months after my friend queried her. She's still waiting to hear back.

Sakura-chan

Registered
Reaction score
I friend of mine received a call from her asking for my friend's full. This came months after my friend queried her. She's still waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the info. Was curious since there was only one mention of her in the thread.

rifferaff

kickin' you-know-what
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rifferaff.typepad.com
Mandy Hubbard got back to me within six hours of my equery. She is working on edits to her mermaid-based novel RIPPLE and isn't accepting anything with mermaids or sirens until her own novel goes into copyedits in September. She invited me to requery at that time.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I want to post in about Weronika Janczuk, a new agent at D43O. She offered me rep on my graphic novel. She admitted she's never worked on graphic novels, but she really liked the project and she persuaded her boss it was worth taking on. I wound up accepting an offer from an agent with more experience in the genre, and Weronika was very gracious and understanding about it. I have to give her props for her willingness to try something outside her experience, her honesty with me up front about her status in the industry, and her professionalism overall.

So send her your best stuff, everyone!

lm728

i'm baaaacccckkkkkk
Registered
Reaction score
Mandy requested my full at around 1:00 am last night, when she tweeted she felt snarky while reading queries...thank god for gritty older YA. :D

jaypers

Registered
Reaction score
Joyce Holland

Thanks for the info. Was curious since there was only one mention of her in the thread.

I have a full out with Joyce Holland.
She's had it for a little over 3 months. Not sure of the turn around time.

Eiro

Pull no punches!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Weronika Janczuk a partial on the 23rd, but no response so far and her blog said she's gotten through manuscripts through the 24th. I'll give it until her next update before I check in. Normally I wouldn't be so quick, but she's like lightning and seems to respond to everything, so... yeah.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Yeah, I got a 3 hour rejection from Weronika a few weeks ago, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my formatting issues were a big red flag to reject. I hate cutting and pasting my nicely formatted manuscript into e-mail. I wind up with spaces and weird line breaks -- and this is even when I paste from an rtf doc. :p