• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kids Can Press

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I found this small press that publishes books for children and young adults. I looked at their books and googled them. They don't seem to be widely read, but they do seem legitimate. Anyone know anything about Kids Can Press?

The website: http://www.kidscanpress.com

rekirts

NOooooo!!!
Registered
Reaction score
They are a Canadian children's publisher. I've seen a couple of their books on store and library bookshelves. I think you have a better chance with them if you're Canadian. At least, they only take unsolicited manuscripts from Canadians, but people from other countries can probably send query letters. I have a form rejection from them for a picture book manuscript I sent. :tongue

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Kids Can is a very well-respected education market publisher. They do a great job with their books.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow..how did I miss the whole Canadian thing? I feel dumb now.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Kids Can has offices in both Canada and New York.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
[SIZE=+1]We do not currently accept unsolicited manuscripts from children or teenagers, or from authors outside of Canada.

Well, that leaves me out on both counts!
[/SIZE]

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
[SIZE=+1]We do not currently accept unsolicited manuscripts from children or teenagers, or from authors outside of Canada.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Well, that leaves me out on both counts!
[/SIZE]
Maybe, but that doesn't mean you can't query them. If you've looked at their list, and think your book would fit in, go for it. You don't have anything to lose except the cost of a stamp.