Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
And it's Vince for the win! Hurray! I can go outside now!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I always have to go back and us the edit button to reply to a bunch of people in a single post, unless I plan ahead.

I still haven't figured out the multi-quote button. That's supposed to do it automatically, but I'm going have to ask someone about that.

OK, kids, here's how it works:

You click the little quote marks on the posts you'd like to reply to at the same time.

The trick is: You've got to hit the "quote" button on the last one to bring up the reply screen to start typing.

Don't do that, the site will just hold all of the things you'd like to reply to until you hit that button--even if you're in another thread.

And, FWIW, the default number for posts per page is 25, so unless yours is the #01, 26, 51, or 76 post, it's not going to flip that page. ;)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thank you! I totally have to try this later!

(by the way, what is schmooing in Comedy Cabaret lingo? How afraid should I be? Is my computer going to explode? Worse, will my rep points disappear?)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Schmooing is AW lingo.

It's when a mod changes your avatar on you.

You haven't experienced April's Fools Day here yet, have you? :evil

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Schmooing is AW lingo.

It's when a mod changes your avatar on you.

You haven't experienced April's Fools Day here yet, have you? :evil

No, I'm pretty new (despite all my shiny new rep points). PD told me a bit about April 1. I'm looking forward to it!

I teased a moderator in the Cabaret. Apparently they think I'm too snotty for a newbie. But when I was nice, they electrocuted me. I can't win over there.

(Why am I still at my computer?)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
OK, kids, here's how it works:

You click the little quote marks on the posts you'd like to reply to at the same time....

Much obliged!

I teased a moderator in the Cabaret. Apparently they think I'm too snotty for a newbie. But when I was nice, they electrocuted me. I can't win over there.

(Why am I still at my computer?)

THey don't schmoo me much anymore - probably because I like being schmooed :D

Because AW is more addictive than caffeine. ;)

Yes ^ this - definitely!

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Thank you! I totally have to try this later!

(by the way, what is schmooing in Comedy Cabaret lingo? How afraid should I be? Is my computer going to explode? Worse, will my rep points disappear?)

Where is this Comedy Cabaret you speak of?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Thanks PD.

Now I've got to get busy on dinner.

Got some shrimp. Thinking about trying to make scampi with it.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
We do what we can.

My wife makes demands however. She wants Shrimp cocktail, so I made hers like that and it's chilling. I put mine aside after peeling. They shouldn't take very long.

Meanwhile her steak and the girls steak is in the oven baking. They like them cooked, if you can believe such a thing. Mine is sitting in a plate with olive oil and a really good rub I discovered. I pan fry it at the last second. I don't cook mine long. Just enough to give it the appearance of being cooked.

Still have to make a salad.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Can I come to your house for dinner?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I just realized that the gif I have at the bottom of my posts of all the different KISS cd's has the solo albums in the wrong order. In 1978, KISS became the only band to release a solo record by each band member on the same day. However, they should be listed in the order of Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Peter Criss & Ace Frehley. They're showing it as Gene, Ace, Peter Paul. Clearly not correct.

They also skip the albums Alive, Alive II, Alive III, Unplugged, Alive IV The Symphony Album, Alive V The Millennium Album, not to mention all of the Greatest Hits compilations, including, but not limited to Double Platinum, Killers (A European only release) Smashes, Thrashes & Hits, Best Of, Greatest KISS, You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best (A greatest Hits of their 1st 2 live albums), plus their box sets. However, I was ok with their exclusion. I would have been ok if they hadn't included the solo albums as well, however since they did, you'd think they would get the order correct. That's the classic KISS line-up order, after all.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
*sniff, sniff*

OK. I like ham, too. And green beans.

I guess I'll go out for sushi tonight after all. Peace out, reppers.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
It occurs to me that we don't take the time to really tell people how much they mean to us. How often do we tell our friends how important they are to us. How important they are in our lives.

Everyone who can read this is someone I consider to be a friend, so I wanted to take this opportunity to give you all the chance to tell me how much I mean to you.

Go on, don't be shy.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi ORPCC's!

Hey Vince, I was at a robotic's tournament all day today, and saw this kid dressed up as a mascot for his team. I thought of you and had to get a photo of him in a KISS pose. :D The team's name was TeamRock.

IMG_0088.jpg

My son's team won the tourament, btw! Yay!

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Quite excellent!! Congrats to your son!!

If you send that pic to the KISS facebook page, they may post it. However, they may not since it's not your kid. Still, love it!! Thanks for thinking of me!!

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Here's a picture of their robot, built by high school students and totally run by remote control. Their ranking was so-so, but they got on an awesome 3-team alliance. They have one more tournament in a couple weeks, then they're off to state competitions!

IMG_0065.jpg

Okay, proud mom posts will stop now. :)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No that's not my kid. He wouldn't want me posting his pic, but I did get one of him with a medal around his neck. :)

The robot rolls around an arena picking up nerf basketballs on a conveyer belt, then it spits them out the top into hoops. It does a few other things, but that's the gist of it.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Better than anything I did in school.

My big science project was hooking a battery to a light bulb with a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.