Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really, my pecan pie can sit, tightly covered, on the counter? Because that would be awesome, fridge space at Thanksgiving being what it is.

They certainly leave them out at the grocery store.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
:snoopy: :hooray: :snoopy:

Congrats on the book, Margaret! You're on a roll. :) I just replied to your cover reveal. I'll be there, probably late at night, but I'll make it by there. ;) And a big :e2arms: Sorry you have all the stress right now, and the surgery coming up. :Hug2:

:Hug2: Hugs back, Tracy! You are a sweetheart. Glad to have you in my world. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Hugs back, Tracy! You are a sweetheart. Glad to have you in my world. :)

:Hug2: I feel the same way about you. :)

um...I hope you're not just saying that because you want to cook me for Thanksgiving. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
A bit of unwanted excitement in the family today. Husband and daughter work at the same place. She is the receptionist, he is an automobile estimator. This morning husband was writing an estimate on a car. He turned his back for a minute, and some *&@# creep had jumped into the car without making a sound (it had just been towed in; the keys were in the ignition) and revved it to take off. Husband turned around all WTF, made a move to the passenger door, and creep gunned it toward him. Husband said to himself: "I am not dying for a car, help yourself."
Police showed up within minutes. Husband had just taken pictures of the car. I'm sure the creep will be caught. Husband had to call customer and tell her "Um, we're terribly sorry but your vehicle was just stolen."
:Shrug:

I hadn't read back this far... :O People are freakin' crazy. I hope they find him and really happy that your hubby didn't get hurt. Good sense to just back away his life totally wasn't worth risking over a car.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, House of Pies! I mean Funners. ;)

I've been catching up, reading the last few pages.

Duchess: That is a terrible story about your husband! So glad he was okay. Crazy. What a world. Someone really needed to steal a car, I guess. Sheesh. :Shrug:

I spent most of the weekend reviewing my galley for Finding A Man For Sylvia. It comes out this Friday. (A little last minute, don't you think?) Talk about a stressful process. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. My book comes out Friday, and my surgery is the following Monday. Crazy timing, but sometimes life is like that.:Shrug:

Still trying to decide the Thanksgiving pie situation. I'm thinking cherry and pumpkin. Those two seem to be the overwhelming favorites in my house, but I'd really love to shove a pecan pie in there too. :)

Happy Monday, everyone!

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Yep. Life is like that. A feast or famine see-saw. Good stuff and bad stuff jumbled up.

Congrats on the book! Best of luck with the surgery!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

For the record, wild turkeys do indeed fly. Several flocks live in our neck of the woods (and it really is wooded here), so I've seen them do it. But they usually walk or run.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Mclesh, my goodness! What a lot happening all at once. :Hug2: I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

Nighty, come hang out with me. You're safe from teh kitteh here!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
'ey, all. Congrats 'n your book, mclesh! Wishing your surgery goes well and you'll be up and around in no time!

I choose choko. pie mahself. :) You want meh to prelick your pies? :)

Hope you're all havin' a good day. Mine was stressful. We had to deal w. medical stuff and trying to find out if our ins. co. will definitely pay for howie's two thyroid tests. They approved it, but the form says that they don't guarantee payment. Well, we don't guarantee howie will take them then. *sigh* That's crazy they can't tell us...

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: and :Hug2:s Margaret. Congrats on the book, and I send best wishes for the surgery & a speedy recovery.

My freezer, fridge and cupboards are literally stuffed. Help.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Nighty, come hang out with me. You're safe from teh kitteh here!

Where? Where? :e2steer:

'ey, all. Congrats 'n your book, mclesh! Wishing your surgery goes well and you'll be up and around in no time!

I choose choko. pie mahself. :) You want meh to prelick your pies? :)

Hope you're all havin' a good day. Mine was stressful. We had to deal w. medical stuff and trying to find out if our ins. co. will definitely pay for howie's two thyroid tests. They approved it, but the form says that they don't guarantee payment. Well, we don't guarantee howie will take them then. *sigh* That's crazy they can't tell us...

I choose chocolate pie, too! mm...

ugh! Insurance companies. :mad: I never found 'em to be good for much except collecting money from me. But try to get them to cover something when you need them...it's like pulling teeth.

My freezer, fridge and cupboards are literally stuffed. Help.

EGADS!! Sounds horrible! Maybe I should give you my address out of the kindness of my heart and you can dump some of that off on me. :D

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
EGADS!! Sounds horrible! Maybe I should give you my address out of the kindness of my heart and you can dump some of that off on me. :D

:ROFL: Nice try, n-f, but hey, why not? Let's hope Duchess falls for it.

McLesh, congratulations and jubilations on your next book. WOW, that was quick!!! A prolific writer amongst us. Thanks to you, I just added goodreads to my signature. Will there be a paperback version of both books?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
You're so right, nighty, but what gets us is how can they not know? We'll have to speak to customer service there or a supervisor. We can't go and get the tests w/o knowing. Could be hundreds of dollars 'n we don't have that extra... That's what they are there for!

I think wild turkeys only fly when people have had too much to drink on Thanksgiving, Siri. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
pfft! Now you say that, what about when I was a turkey?

:ROFL: Nice try, n-f, but hey, why not? Let's hope Duchess falls for it.

:D It could happen. :hi: Purple Rose :)

You're so right, nighty, but what gets us is how can they not know? We'll have to speak to customer service there or a supervisor. We can't go and get the tests w/o knowing. Could be hundreds of dollars 'n we don't have that extra... That's what they are there for!

I think wild turkeys only fly when people have had too much to drink on Thanksgiving, Siri. :D

Well, I hope they do and you get your answer soon. If they approved it, then they should pay for it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
You could hunt me down a Thanksgiving dragon to make up for your ill behavior. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: oooooooooooh, NICE!! I like that one, AC! Very cool. Thanks! :)

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
*mails virtual package of goodies to NF* :Hug2:

The thing is, our daughter buys a few of her own groceries too. So there's weird stuff in there like coconut-something noodles in a carton, Healthy Request microwave soups, and yucky frozen lunches. Stuff that revolts husband and me. Bleah.

Oh, a footnote to husband's drama last week. The customer's car was recovered the next day. All of the tires were slashed, the creep left his shirt and cap in there, and several cans of power steering fluid. What an idiot. I feel so bad for the lady that owns the car. She's in her 70s, bless her heart.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
oh, Lordie. I hope her insurance will take care of this! And.. I hate to say it, I hope they don't try and nail your husband's company for it.... eeps!!

I have finished the weekend of mad crazy writing. I got more than 20k written in 4 days. Whoot to the hoot! :)

Now I'm gonna watch Super Heroes movies! Yay! and eat Nachoes. The perfect food. Followed by some pie.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Duchess, that is such a strange story about the car. Wonder what the motivation was behind it. I hope the owner's insurance covers the damage.

N-F: I'd never make you cook! You could hang out here and watch the football games while my hubs and I do the cooking. (Well, I help out a little.) ;)

Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes!

PurpleRose, the books are only in e-format with no plans of print at this point. I'm not super prolific. While I was going through the revision process with my first book, I kept writing other things. And then when I signed my contract for Normalish, the publication date was about nine months off. In the meantime, I finished Finding A Man For Sylvia and submitted that. I wasn't expecting the release dates to be so close together. I'm not sure I'd do that again. It's a little crazy. :)

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats McLesh!
I eat at my parents still. (I don't cook so well...)
Currently unable to go home, (staying at said parents) the power went out due to the crazy weather up here in the NW. Nights everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.