Milo, the virtual boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Is it interactive; are they controlling them with the music, or is it all pre-programmed and the musicians just have to keep up? The latter isn't that impressive in the AI department.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Is it interactive; are they controlling them with the music, or is it all pre-programmed and the musicians just have to keep up? The latter isn't that impressive in the AI department.
The musicians are just a prop, they could use playback. It's not so much interesting because of AI (there is none) or the Holograms but because it is completely synthetic. Unlike Gorillaz and similar bands, there is no actual singer backstage, or recording of the singer, the voice track has been assembled with Yamaha's Vocaloid software.
Granted, it's just a step up from auto-tune which is used by pretty much every major "pop" producer since it's introduction, but completely synthesized voice. It's still technologically impressive (although it's still J-Pop, and thus, by definition, crap :tongue)

If you're looking for an interesting case of AI/music combination check out Animusic. You've probably seen that before.
Linky
Those are "actual" virtual instruments, i.e. the program connects the sound synthesizer and the animation, it gets only fed the score, and the sound and video are direct output.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
If you're looking for an interesting case of AI/music combination check out Animusic. You've probably seen that before.
Linky
Those are "actual" virtual instruments, i.e. the program connects the sound synthesizer and the animation, it gets only fed the score, and the sound and video are direct output.

Purty 0.0

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It's my favourite of all the Animusic clips. ;) Maybe because i used to play guitar.
Although it's not the most visually interesting clip. I'd say Pipe Dream or Fiber Budnles would qualify for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.