• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] TelegraphConnect

RainyDayNinja

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about them?

I saw their anthology ("Primogeniture") on Duotrope, and the concept intrigued me, so I went ahead and wrote a story for it (which could just as easily stand on its own). But their website is very sparse, and it appears this anthology is their very first project. They apparently aren't even open to regular novel submissions yet. Not much shows up on Google, except their own website and a handful of promos they've put out for their anthology. Do you think it would be worth submitting to them, or will they die a death of obscurity in the ether?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
http://telegraphconnect.com/ "Turning the publishing world on its head."

Here at TelegraphConnect we are a new publishing company who has decided that assuming a dead tree version of books shouldn’t be considered the best way to sell new books.

Gah.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
TelegraphConnect Website:
Everyone who is interested in having a book published knows that the publishing business is in the throws of change, unseen since the Gutenberg Press was made in 1441.

So between the invention of the printing press and 2011, the publishing industry hasn't changed at all? Okay ...

Amazon has recently announced that books on Kindle outsells dead tree books.

There's been some interesting posts pointing out some interesting things about this announcement that need to be taken into account when viewing claims about epublishing. Essentially while ebooks have taken more market share, they still seem to only account for about 9% of total sales. And I'd point out that Amazon didn't give actual sales figures to support the claims.

Most traditional publishing companies are too invested in the old way they made money and are resisting the changes that technology is making possible in today’s world. Due to this, we welcome people who are interested in having their books released in audio formats and distributed via sites like PodioBooks.com.

Except that publishers do release audio books.

The year is between 2111 and 2511.

?!

RainyDayNinja, these guys can't even write a coherent website. Why would you want to trust them with a story?

MM

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Throes of change! THROES! THROES! (throws something).

Arrrggghhh.
:rant:

Yours sincerely,
Conan the Grammarian

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A year later, and hasn't published anything.