• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

MacGregor & Luedeke (formerly MacGregor Literary)

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if she's accepting queries from unpublished authors though? The MacGregor Literary website says they deal only with established authors.

CAWriter

Registered
Reaction score
They do take on previously unpublished authors, but mostly those they've met at conferences or through client referral, etc.

It says she'll be working with a "handful of clients" and

"She's going to be attending the ACFW conference with us in Indianapolis this summer, so if you write children's books (for either CBA or the general market), YA books (ditto), speculative fiction, or books aimed specifically at the twenty-something market, we're going to be open to seeing proposals. Amanda may be contacted at amanda.."

Since this is such a new announcement, it's possible the only way you'll get more specific information from/about her is to contact her directly and ask.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I've met Chip on several occasions. He's a super guy, a great sense of humor and well known in our market. His wants as far as clients go are rather specific. He doesn't normally represent romance authors. I got the best rejection ever from him on a sub that he said I could send: "Great story. Terrific writing. Not my thing."

Short, to the point, prompt and honest. Can't do much better than that on a no-thanks. If you can engage his attention, by all means send him something. His clients are all mega-happy.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if she's accepting queries from unpublished authors though? The MacGregor Literary website says they deal only with established authors.

Aubie,

I bit the bullet and queried her last night. The worse she can do is reject me or ignore my query. I doubt she'll blacklist me :D

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
I think I e-mailed her the same day you queried her! I only asked if she would accept unsolicited q's from unpub'd authors though. I haven't gotten any type of response.

Good Luck on your query! :)

Kilawher

Chronic Semicolon Overuser
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Amanda June 15th and got a note today saying she was focusing on published authors only. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
When I woke up this morning i had an e-mail from Amanda responding to the question I'd asked her. She says she is mostly working with published authors, but she is willing to look at queries, so that if I have something that is within her interests feel free to send it to her.

Since she is interested in YA and that's what I write, I'm going to send her a query this morning.

:)

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Could someone with The Powah correct the spelling of "MacGregor" in the Bewares & Background Check Index Thread? It's still "McGregor" there, which makes it a little hard to find by the recommended means.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ididn'tdoitnoonesawmedoityoucan'tproveanything.
whistle.gif

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From today's Publisher's Lunch:

Erin Buterbaugh joins MacGregor Literary as a literary agent, focusing on children's books, YA, lifestyle titles, cookbooks, the arts, and some select fiction.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Well done. A glad end to a long road.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
one of the ten busiest!

Found out from my agent today that MacGregor Literary was ranked as one of the ten busiest agencies for the calendar year 2012.

Yeah, I'm blessed. :D

Last edited: