Too Many?

Forestqueen808

What can I say? I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm living in a shack with my characters.....
I have an idea, and I know it will require a lot of research. But one thing is, its about WW2 one of my specialties! But, is it true that there are already "too many" WW2 books? Is it a bad idea to write one? I have a good plot, characters, and have done a lot of research (but there is always more!) Will readers bore of this time period?

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If the story's compelling enough, I don't think you'd have to worry about market oversaturation. Go where your passion takes you and worry about markets after it's finished.

After all, if there was nobody interested in the period, why would there be too many books? :e2tongue:

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Because...

WWII is so well written about you must have a really original slant, plot and characters.

Perhaps looking at topics not well covered like the Polish fighters and what happened to them and their country at the end of the war, or Switzerland and how the neutral Swiss coped.

autumnleaf

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Agree with pdr. For example, The Book Thief looked at the war's effect on ordinary Germans and was told from the POV of Death. It was also exceptionally well-written, which helps!

Forestqueen808

What can I say? I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm living in a shack with my characters.....
Oh...okay. Yeah I can see how that would help. I love The Book Thief, and it was very well written. I guess we usually read WWII books about soilders of the Nazis or of The Americans....I could do something different!