• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Preditors & Editors Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
That truly sucks- We still know where the truth lies Dave. Thank you for standing up for authors everywhere. You totally rock!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If that's the case, I'm staying out of the PA boards. Who knows who's next. Call me chickenshit, but you know the Miranda Rights: "Anything you can and will say may be used against you again and again and again."

Last edited:

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Dave Kuzminski and the P&E team go to court in Richmond, Virginia on Feb 3-4 against PA.
Dave (Kuzminski), just to clarify, this was an action taken by Victor Cretella, wasn't it, not PA? In other words, you were not in court against PublishAmerica today, but against Victor Cretella, for statements you made about him specifically. Is that right? I thought I could recall seeing you clarify that somewhere already.

Cheers,
Rob

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I note that the citation board doesn't show anything about the outcome. Is there a more up to date link?

It's a sad day when Americans can't help protect one another against jackals.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Dave. I hope the judge who's over your appeal will be able to look past their BS.

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why...but I felt something like this would happen.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on this issue?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, escritora. Sorry I missed the other thread.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Just read about this today.

This really sucks, Dave. Good luck on the appeal.

Domenic

Banned
Reaction score
Dave,

I know there are no words that can ease the shock. For the next week you will still feel the daze of it. There will be moments when you forget it…it won’t seem real. This is not something you will ever forget, nor will the pain ever go away. You will sit alone and wonder…“How will I ever get beyond this?” You will. The sun will shine again. It will rain again. Women will give birth, and all the things of life will go on.
When I was twenty, I was sitting on a rock outside Tijuana Mexico drinking home-made whisky with an old man.
He asked me, “Do you know what life is about?”
“Living I guess,” I replied.
“When you are born,” he said, “you cry. When you die, you are silent.”
He was telling me, we cry because of the pain that is before use…
All you have lost Dave, is a small piece of the things we get between crying, and our silent’s. The parts that are never lost, are the little pieces of our self we give to others.
There are many people who carry a piece of you. You did well. Pull your boot-straps up. You're not done yet.

Domenic

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
What the hell happened?

And no matter what, keep going.

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see how P&E could possiblyt lose this case with so many unhappy PA Authors and so much information about PA and what they do.

Good luck, Dave. I hope the judge who's over your appeal will be able to look past their BS.

There still seems to be some confusion. From some of the posts it sounds as though people think this was PA vs P&E. Dave, as I mentioned in my previous post, you weren't up against PA, were you? And it wasn't P&E either, was it? According to various other web sites, this was specifically brought by Victor Cretella, not PA, against Dave Kuzminski, not P&E, for defamatory and untrue statements made by Dave about Victor in the Absolute Write forums, and in emails sent and published in the forums. The defamatory statements involved accusations of attempted extortion and unethical methods. That's what the case and the ruling are about, I believe.

No doubt Dave will clarify.

Cheers,
Rob

GeoffNelder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
geoffnelder.com
Rob, probably my fault for some of the confusion since I put PA in the heading. Victor E Cretella is PA's lawyer and part of the action was on his client's (PA) behalf. You are right in your summary as can be verified on this link - given higher up in the thread:

http://www.citmedialaw.org/threats/cretella-v-kuzminski

Geoff
P&E poll Top Two Finisher with Exit, Pursued by a Bee

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
And there's nothing on PA's front page about it. You'd think that would be the first place you'd read anything about it.

I wonder if they'll keep this "victory" off their website so prospective clients won't see not everyone is happy with PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.