Michael Jackson...

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Purple Rain is indeed a great album. I like watching the movie too, the performances of the songs are awesome. Gotta give Prince his props, the guy just oozes talent.

Like many artists, he has done things that make people go :Wha:, but he is a phenomenal guitar player, singer and songwriter, and performer.

The Grift

Tom Swiftly's Favorite Adverb
Registered
Reaction score
Prince is an amazing musician. In addition to being a great singer, prolific and talented songwriter, and yes, dancer...he's a simply incredible guitar player.

Michael Jackson is an interesting creature. He was, and still is, amazingly talented, but of course that is all overshadowed by the bizarre reality of who he is.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Aargh! So when I'm not being productive, I'm in one forum or another. There I was, minding my own business participating on a Robbie Williams board. I know he's not the most original singer ever. I know he's got a cheese factor. So what? I like cheese, especially on pizza.

Suddenly a troll shows up. Starts raggin' on Robbie, which would be fine. It really would, we can't all like the same thing. But then the kid goes and says the world would be a better place if Robbie were dead. That's just cruel.

Then I go and check his profile(to see if he's a genuine troll, or just being a jerk on one board). Turns out he's a 16 year old fan of MJ! Creepy. The theme from The Twilight Zone started playing in my head. It's just creepy. I couldn't resist, read a couple of posts. He's defending MJ, tooth and nail. And the MJ board trolls are using him for their whipping boy.

At any rate I told him to be glad he's too old for Michael now, and be glad he never "slept over" at Neverland. It's just too funny how my forum activities get connected, almost regardless of forum.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
From Margaret Cho's standup routine:

I had a friend who met Prince on the bus once. He walked up to her and just stood and stared at her until she made eye contact, then he said "Do you know who Prince is?" She said "yes" and he just smiled and walked to a seat and sat down. I think that's sooooo cool. I can't wait until I'm incredibly famous and I can walk up to someone on a bus and say "Do you know who Prince is?"

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
If it lifts any of the guys' self-esteem; I share Margaret's views on the topic of submarine sandwiches.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From Margaret Cho's standup routine:

I had a friend who met Prince on the bus once. He walked up to her and just stood and stared at her until she made eye contact, then he said "Do you know who Prince is?" She said "yes" and he just smiled and walked to a seat and sat down. I think that's sooooo cool. I can't wait until I'm incredibly famous and I can walk up to someone on a bus and say "Do you know who Prince is?"
:roll:

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but it wouldn't be as funny if he was still "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince". "Do you know who the artist formerly known as Prince is?" just doesn't have the same ring, does it?

BoyBlog

Registered
Reaction score
No! I meant I still listen to Purple Rain. Hey but Diamonds and Pearls is good too. One of the best CD booklets ever(with the nifty hologram).

Prince didn't screw himself up. He's still incredible, can still write, play, and sing, whoa baby. Now to admit, I get a perverse little vicarious thrill. Two, too cool for school, rock stars, have recently settled for Prince's sloppy seconds. It's adding to the proof, Prince is the coolest guy in the world.
One-nite-alone-live-box.jpg

And he's almost fifty? O_O

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
The secret is a nice even layer of foundation, before going out in the day. Spend at least 75% of the day indoors. Try to go out only at night if you can help it. You too can look that good at 50. Oh and a good airbrush artist couldn't hurt.

At least he doesn't look like Cruella DeVille.

Reaction score
I think I speak for all of us when I say:

"Prince. He's a filthy bastard. But I bet he's a bloody tripod when he's naked."

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I think I speak for all of us when I say:

"Prince. He's a filthy bastard. But I bet he's a bloody tripod when he's naked."

Perhaps I don't say that as much as I should. I'll try to bring it up in some of my meetings at work today. "Before we get to the sales reports, I have something to say about Prince . . ."

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps I don't say that as much as I should. I'll try to bring it up in some of my meetings at work today. "Before we get to the sales reports, I have something to say about Prince . . ."

:roll:

Mental image! You're killing me!

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Well I couldn't think of a good reason for her not to hate me. So I decided to give her a good reason to hate me. Defaced her avatar. Was fun. I wanna do it again.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Well I couldn't think of a good reason for her not to hate me. So I decided to give her a good reason to hate me. Defaced her avatar. Was fun. I wanna do it again.

Heh heh. I had to give you a rep point for that one. Very nice. High five!