The Great Absolute Write Spec Fiction Anthology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Got mine the other day too. Regret not asking you to autograph it on its way out the door, but otherwise, very happy. Hope it's doing well for you; much wonderful stuff in there. :)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I got mine and I love the note :D Happy Holidays to Mac!

I won't hear how our book looked at the NYC party thing. I couldn't go to New York for it, which is cool. But I bet it looked great! I have no idea how many people sent in their books published that year or what the set-up would look like. It would have been great fun to go to get a feel for that stuff! Sometime I will :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Was anyone planning on doing a giveaway on Goodreads? I have an extra copy because I was buying so many for Christmas presents that I got a free copy for myself, so I was considering doing it with my clean contributor copy, but if someone was already on it, I'll wait a while.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
My offer to provide a .pdf or Kindle ebook to reviewers still stands.

Hmm, I'm not sure how it works with review copies, but I know there is a wishlist of places that I would love to see review Absolute Visions (Strange Horizons, Interzone, Locus). Is it a matter of them contacting you and asking for a copy, or do you offer one to them? I'm willing to track down contact information if its the latter :).

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Oh, and have all the contributor copies gone out? I've moved recently and want to know if I should check my old address to see if it's there.

Deleted member 42

Hmm, I'm not sure how it works with review copies, but I know there is a wishlist of places that I would love to see review Absolute Visions (Strange Horizons, Interzone, Locus). Is it a matter of them contacting you and asking for a copy, or do you offer one to them? I'm willing to track down contact information if its the latter :).

They were offered copies, but to be brutally frank, most magazines and large review sites perceive it as a self-published anthology, and life's too short.

I sent out a PR email to about 35 reviewers and review sites. (I used to do this routinely for a publisher back in the day.)

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
They were offered copies, but to be brutally frank, most magazines and large review sites perceive it as a self-published anthology, and life's too short.

I sent out a PR email to about 35 reviewers and review sites. (I used to do this routinely for a publisher back in the day.)

Thanks for trying Medievalist :). I'm continually amazed at all the work you've put into this.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
All right, I started a giveaway for AV, but it's pending approval. I'll update when it goes live. The giveaway will run until March 30, 2013. I used the Goodreads description of the book, although now I'm wishing I had picked a few stories and given examples of what a reader would find inside.

My profile says that books are supposed to have been released in the last 6 months (not in the terms of service when I listed the book), so it may be rejected, but it's worth the try.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
My copy came over the holidays also. Thanks, Mac! Inside, it couldn't be better. But man, the cover is blurry! ;)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The longer those are up, the more people see it and add it. I see a lot of self-published books up for 3 months with lots of people signing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.