Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, your new avie is freaking me out (but I like it). Where is that from? Looks like some kind of sculpture.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, I don't know much about how Orthodox Easter is celebrated. Is it similar to the mainstream Christian Easter, which is more about the hoopla of bunnies, chicks, and most of all, candy, or is it a more deeply religious celebration, or what?

Because if it's about the candy, then you get some seriously good sales!

Maryn, sweet tooth and all

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Religious. It's our biggest day. We have a big service starting late Saturday night and going through the early morning hours.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Miss Sassy, does that make you one cool kitty? ;)

If anybody's heard from Pandora, it'll be Russ. Well?

I've got nothing of importance to say. Can you tell?

Maryn, having an ordinary day

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a photograph of a sculpture in which the head is black fabric and the eyes are closed zippers. I don't know offhand which art museum it was in, since we often go to whatever is there when we travel. It was just so creepy and odd I had to record it, you know?

Maryn, less creepy but just as odd

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Pandora's in Thailand, right? Nothing in the news I've seen from out that way. Let's hope she's just busy.

My AW morale is up because someone read--and actually commented on--a snippet I put up on the erotica SYW board per Maryn's April prompt. I was just about to switch to travel writing for a while as my other stuff on that board just doesn't seem to make the breeze blow for anyone else.

Trevor, rejuvenated

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
greetings. I have been neglecting myself by not visiting AW. I miss you all.
Maryn, now that you say it, I see the zippers. It is too creepy to leave undocumented.

Komnena, I do not know if my average temp is good or bad. I do find the exercise interesting. I guess that's for the doctor to decide with my results.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trevor, I've found that many of the people who write erotica--especially those who are commercially published--don't ever critique. I'm a believer in reaching out my hand and helping somebody stand at my level, even if I lack the upper body strength to haul myself or push them any higher.

That's enough of that analogy. Pretty soon the fat-ass remark will insert itself in my brain--why, it already has! Go figure.

That board has a fairly checkered history of ill will, most of which played out before your arrival. Certain members who shall remain unnamed amassed small but loyal armies and sought to do battle, one side driving the other out for more than a year, then crowing its superiority and being quite clique-ish, until Mac (who owns this site) very nearly shut it down. Instead, she tapped a new, take-no-prisoners shit moderator, and it wasn't long before some people took their ball and bat and friends to another playground.

All that said, every time I see you posting there, I'm glad to have other people who are pleasant, interesting, and interested. Just sayin'.

Maryn, who feels that way about the people here, too

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, save me a place.

I take small comfort in having spent more on Easter lilies (which I admired at $25 - $35, snatched up at $10, and got two more at $4) for outdoor replanting than I did on discounted Easter candy. Now watch, they'll be among the favorite foods of whitetail deer, which we have in abundance.

Maybe I should set out the candy, too?

Maryn, pretty sure they'd eat it

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know part of why your avi is creepy. At certain angles the blacks wash out and all you see is the orb with weird eyes...

Oh don't get me started on candy. We went a little overboard. I did bring some for my desk at work, but it is all but gone - greedy coworkers and students...

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
If the deer eat the candy you won't have to worry about calories in the candy.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That board has a fairly checkered history of ill will, most of which played out before your arrival. Certain members who shall remain unnamed amassed small but loyal armies and sought to do battle, one side driving the other out for more than a year, then crowing its superiority and being quite clique-ish, until Mac (who owns this site) very nearly shut it down. Instead, she tapped a new, take-no-prisoners shit moderator, and it wasn't long before some people took their ball and bat and friends to another playground.

Wow, I had no idea. I only joined last year and AW has been one of the most "civil" boards I've ever been on (and I've been on some bad ones too in the past).

I'm glad to hear Mac laid the hammer down in the past and cleaned up the board drama with a new mod. I truly look forward to visiting here every day since folks seem to get along (for the most part) but it is interesting how certain folks only seem to linger in certain threads. (I do miss the Derailing thread though.)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should clarify that this was just one social thread on the Erotica board which had gotten out of hand. Many people were hotlinking images and posting images which were borderline hardcore, showing way too much breast or butt, bringing personal feuds to share, and other stuff Mac doesn't want to host.

Many of the present regulars there are delightful people, a pleasure to know. Just like here.

Maryn, drinking wine

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
yumm, wine/ do they do wine&chocolate pairings on your coast? out here they are a big deal/the leftovers are fed to the deer.

Yesterday the popcorn machine broke in the indie cinema I volunteer in. Lucky we had an old popper in storage. Today the big unit was back, happy days! I know one of the newbie greeters (CactusWendy?) has this canned line, "how do you like your popcorn?" That's my line in real life!

Maryn, thanks for sharing some institutional memory.

Trevor, eyeing a suspiciously overweight deer

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Sass, would you rather have Maryn or the deer worrying about calories?

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Anybody heard from Pandora?

I heard from her! She is doing well.
:)

Today is a holiday, here in Thailand, where I am, yes.
Song kran day, or The Thai New Year. Everyone goes around involved in a huge water fight. I walked up to get some lunch for us and got DRENCHED...but it was all in good fun and I was a good sport about it.

The little girl I watch, Nadia, and her parents are in Beijing for a few days so I am helping the other nannies with the twin babies.
Not an awful lot to report on. Work, eat, sleep...
I did have a good day off yesterday. Went to Donwai floating market and took a boat ride up the river. Really felt like I was in Asia. If you've ever been to Bangkok, you could understand that statement. For those that have not, let me explain. Western culture is so prominent here that it is easy to forget that one is in an entirely different hemisphere sometimes. Especially depending upon where in Bangkok you spend your time.
Yesterday I saw a lot of traditional Thai culture and it was a blast. Right on the river, were traditional thai houses that were IN the water, just on support beams. And they had gardens in the water. Very cool.

How is everyone else today?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Pandora, and happy Song kran day! (Where did our son leave his water blaster?)

Our local news had interesting stuff today. Eric Smith, who sexually tortured and killed a four-year-old when he was thirteen, is up for parole next week. He's 32 now, in prison more than half his life for something he did as a child. Interesting legal issues on how long the adult should be punished for the actions of the child he was. Derek Robie's life is forever gone; is it just to ensure Smith's is spent in prison?

And there's a boating story. Apparently there's this stretch of small houses on the beach. They own the beach along property lines down to the water; the lake is owned by no one. These are simple houses, nothing fancy. And there are boaters who convene at a long-time restaurant-bar on the same beach, which has a deck, tables on the sand in season, and is often rowdy. Apparently the boaters anchor and attach to other boats as near to the restaurant as they can, creating a flotilla like in "Snow Crash," spoiling the view and using the private beaches, at times endangering swimmers, and generally being noisy, inconsiderate drunks in the fine tradition of young adults. The town is proposing a boat-free zone of 450 feet (the length of a nearby pier, which would make it easy to know when a boat is too close to shore) and the boaters, who far outnumber the homeowners affected, are outraged.

Maybe we don't want waterfront property after all, huh?

Maryn, not sure why she felt like sharing that

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In our local news Alabama Power wants to build a new substation and the people who live near the proposed site are upset and are protesting it. Ah- they want all the conviencences of modern tech without any drawbacks...

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Motorcyclists listen up: (I'll say this only once)

Snyder’s office said Michigan will join the Great Lakes states of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania in making helmets optional.

11bu23k.jpg

I dislike helmets they make me feel too safe and then I do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.