The W1S1 Check-in and Chill Lounge and Bar

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys, and good luck to you too Shelley!
May our stories one day find companionship in the same issue of something or other (like that orgy in the Braggage thread, lol).

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Likewise! I have...four out at the moment. I think the crickets ate one (mostly kidding, but...) and the others aren't due for response yet. Still writing.........

Also, go Tienci!
I think I only have 2 out now. :tongue

A few others are almost ready, it's just every time I open them, I second guess a detail or something and think--oh, no, that's *got* to be fixed...then I spin my wheels and can't find a fix for the "problem" I found. :rolleyes:

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, same here. Plus the novel needing time, plus a sudden influx of overtime at work (not complaining, but still!)

We'll get there. :)

JC Romel

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Tienci, that rocks socks. I've only finished one story this month (my MoD sub) but I've been doing a lot of touch-ups and rewrites on older stories in hopes of saving them from my "This Is Crap" folder.

I have 10 stories in total out in the slushiverse right now. Most of them have been out well past the expected response date, and a few of those show responses to subs sent in well after mine, which I assume means I'm sitting on a bunch of "Maybe" piles...but I could be wrong.

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
I've got 18 out now, many past their expected time. JC, I like to think of slow responses as a good sign, too. Hope we're right for all our sakes!

Sent a new one out today. Wasn't expecting it to be ready, but it gave off the zing of the fully-cooked story.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend literary markets? Pedestal is pretty much the only one I'm familiar with and since I've gotten an R from them... not sure where to look next.

Aggy, who really is a spec fic author but likes to try new things :p

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend literary markets? Pedestal is pretty much the only one I'm familiar with and since I've gotten an R from them... not sure where to look next.

Aggy, who really is a spec fic author but likes to try new things :p

Duotrope

For Genre, choose General. Then under Style, choose Literary.

Shelley

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Tin House, maybe? They seem to be a decent mag.

-Suzanne

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
So I've been lurking around here lately since I've shifted my focus to short stories to build up my skill, and I was wondering just how to I go about joining this write1 sub1 type deal? Or did I just miss a sticky? I figured this would help keep me working faster on my stuff so I could get them done and sent out. Thanks.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
So I've been lurking around here lately since I've shifted my focus to short stories to build up my skill, and I was wondering just how to I go about joining this write1 sub1 type deal? Or did I just miss a sticky? I figured this would help keep me working faster on my stuff so I could get them done and sent out. Thanks.

Write 1 Sub 1

You join there, and you hang out here. :)

Welcome, and good luck.

Shelley

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :D. Joined up for the monthly, since mine tend to be rather long. Thanks again.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Darkshore!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've been working on this stupid thing for months now, but I finally finished the "goofy short story" I started on a lark in March and it weighs in at 17,200. Yeeg.

Letting the first draft sit and it's off to my Most Trusty Beta Reader for the usual running-through-the-woodchipper.

-Suzanne, ready to not look at it for a while.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
:hi: Welcome, Darkshore! I'm sure you'll love the challenge and the company here.

And w00t, Suzanne. Well done :)

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
Yay Suzanne! That's quite an accomplishment :)

I sent out my Identity Crisis story today. That makes 10 stories on sub right now. And my novel squeaked past 51k words today. I like productive days hehe