Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Not much to report but the late hugs I dole out for all who need them...oh and I just made some chocolate chip waffles if anyone needs some. :]

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Morning, pit. Hugs to all who need 'em.

I'm now almost afraid to start a blog or website, even though I know I'm going to have to. It's almost certainly going to be stalked, and not by the right people. Ah well, I'll talk to agent and editor about it. At the worst, I'll put it up behind adult warnings, and make sure the content will be eye-burning enough to scare off the stalkers: 'Begone! The power of slash repels thee!'

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Psst. Look up at SPit Shine while I distract the hellhounds. One of our own is making a break for it...

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Woot for the good news. Back hellhounds, back!

Which do you think is harder writing or waiting? My vote is for waiting.

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting. By far. Waiting can cripple my writing at times. Literally because I get so anxious that I'll sleep with my hands balled into fists so that I can hardly use them the next day.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather write than wait.
Still haven't heard from agent that she has spoken to editor....waiting...waiting...

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Well, writing is harder. You actually have to make an effort to do it. But waiting is worse. You have to do it whether you want to or not.

ETA: Speaking of, it's been two weeks since my last rejection. (Is that some kind of writerly sacrament?) Anyway, I have three snail-mail queries at the six-month mark, and I expect them to come home between 6 and 10 months. Boo to waiting.

Last edited:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Writing is harder with waiting. I mean, you send hundreds of queries to everyone - people in the biz you know, people who say they read everything - and get nothing but silence, so how are you supposed to sit down and do work writing then? What the hell is the point? Especially when you have pressing issues at hand - bills, elderly parents, dying car/appliances... not a good time to spend Friday night working on your hobby.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
For me, writing and waiting isn't the problem. Depression from waiting and all the pub industry craziness is. That screws up my writing. That makes it hard for me to start writing again or continue to write. But once I fight past that, writing is my escape.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
For me, writing and waiting isn't the problem. Depression from waiting and all the pub industry craziness is. That screws up my writing. That makes it hard for me to start writing again or continue to write. But once I fight past that, writing is my escape.

This. :(

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting. Definitely waiting, since it comes with all the other lovely side-effects Steve mentions (it's like having non-stop PMS).

Noompsy, love your avvie--I want to give that puppeh a hug! :)

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Two queries for two projects sent. Hopefully I'll get my dose of vitamin R soon.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely waiting. Even Rs don't get me down. They're acknowledgements that I'm alive. But the waiting? Might as well be a ghost.

Go Kellion!

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
I hate waiting, because it's out of my control. At least I can control my writing.

Except of course, when life rears its ugly head and depression sets in...

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Haha! Very funny, Amarie.

ETA: Is this a totally dead day, or a desk-clearing day? Does it ever happen that editors/agents clear their desks by making requests and offers, or do they just hand out Rs so they can make sure the desk stays clear?

Last edited:

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Pit, and good luck, Kellion.

A little stuck in my WIP. It's been coming along at quite a clip but slowed down due to a busy week. I'm a little sore from a heartbreak last week. Still not sure what happened to make the excitement snuff out so suddenly.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a quick "email is free" query last night. Got a quick "so are rejections" reply today. Boo.

I have about a thousand other projects I could query this press with, now that I know they are responding. Must restrain self...

Status
Not open for further replies.