Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
i should be writing... what am i doing instead? Making up lookalikes for my characters in a SNI i might never get to write.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
If you like the video, Ely, then you should watch Parks and Recreation! It's freaking hilarious.

Ally, what's an SNI?

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I watch Vampire Diaries, Glee, Misfits, Merlin, The Golden Girls, True Blood, and Parks and Recreation. Those are my main ones. My boyfriend loves The Big Bang Theory (Sheldon is his favorite) and I've never seen the Community. What's that about?

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I only watched Community one or two times but it's like The Office from what I remember only slighty different. Haha. I really haven't watched that show in a long long time.

And I LOVE Sheldon.

My mom watches True Blood. She has most of the seasons on DVD, though I think she would kill me if I watched it. *rolls eyes* I hate the way that one vampire. Bill? Says Sookie's name, though. It's cringe-worthy.

I used to watch Glee a lot too. And I love Golden Girls. Ooh and The Nanny is another show that I haven't watched in awhile.

I don't have cable so most of the shows I do watch are uploaded online.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
MA - have you seen the second most recent when Andy goes to the doctor's? The funniest thing ever! Ron, April and Andy are my favorites. :)

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I only watched Community one or two times but it's like The Office from what I remember only slighty different. Haha. I really haven't watched that show in a long long time.

And I LOVE Sheldon.

My mom watches True Blood. She has most of the seasons on DVD, though I think she would kill me if I watched it. *rolls eyes* I hate the way that one vampire. Bill? Says Sookie's name, though. It's cringe-worthy.

I used to watch Glee a lot too. And I love Golden Girls. Ooh and The Nanny is another show that I haven't watched in awhile.

I don't have cable so most of the shows I do watch are uploaded online.

Sook-key! That's how he says it, LOL. It's hilarious especially when he is trying to be serious. Oh I used to love the Nanny.

Mystery, which episode? Andy has been to the doctor a few times, LOL.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
If you like the video, Ely, then you should watch Parks and Recreation! It's freaking hilarious.

Ally, what's an SNI?

Kind of a long explanation/summary.

Its a trilogy, about a second civil war in the US, set in 2055. MC's Twins Rose and Aiden Ripley and there best friend since 5 and now Rose's boyfriend Seth are starting there Junior year of high school when something devastatingly horrible happens, a draft is called of all teens 16 and older to enlist in the war that has been raging for close to 30 years. They grew up under in the Dominion. One of 21 walled cities that protect the citizens of the dominion from diseased rebel freedom fighters. A society controlled by money. The more you have the safer and easier your life is. All under the leadership of the President, who rules more like a king.

Rose, Aiden and Seth are taken from there homes in the middle of the night and shipped off to a training camp to prepare them for war. They are trained in combat and brainwashed to believe that what they are doing is for the greater good and to kill any rebel fighter that comes there way, for they are diseased, and are trying to take down the dominion which would be the end of the world as they know it.

Finally thrown into war, Rose, Aiden and Seth fight as they were trained but all that changes when they are captured a famous and feared skilled group of rebel fighters only known as "GHOST" To there surprise GHOST is made up of a small group of teens and children so skilled in the art of combat, stealth, engineering, that they are sent on special missions and always end up on top.

While held hostage Rose and Aiden get to know the GHOST team and slowly start to realize that everything they were taught about why the war started, who the rebel fighters were and history itself was all a lie. Seth isnt convinced though. When Seth finally figures out an escape, and frees Rose and Aiden there is a rift. The twins want to change there loyalties, while Seth wants to fight for the dominion. They part ways and the real battles begins.

Seth becomes the head in command of his unit set on taking down GHOST. The twins are initiated into the GHOST team, who plans on taking down the Dominion from the inside out once and for all.

1st book "The Draft" is about well the draft and training, it ends with the rift between the life long friends.

2nd book "Team GHOST" is about there beginning missions in the GHOST teams and unravels some of the mysteries in book one where you get to see the other side of the war from the perspective of the Rebel fighters

3rd book "Operation Takedown" Is the fight between Seth and the twins, as Seth gets closer to finding and eliminating GHOST and the twins help the Ghost members take down the dominion.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
OH MY GOD I"M THE BIGGEST DORKIEST FAN OF THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
MA - I'm trying to find the exact scene on YouTube but it's not there. :( It's one of the really recent ones.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's really deep, Ally. It must been really hard for Rose to have to fight against her own boyfriend in a war of all things. :<

Alcide is freaking awesome. His southern accent is not cringe-worthy and he's a werewolf. Yum, yum, yum.

Mystery, do you at least know which season it's from? Maybe that can narrow it down?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Plus the fact they were friends since they were 5. And she had a crush and admired him since she was 7. But there is a second love interest. Jack aka "Casper" who is the leader of GHOST. Although its a weird kind of crush/relationship because they argue like cats and dogs because they are sooooo much alike. Both strong willed, and stubborn as hell.

Aiden also gets a girl. Riely aka "Witt" who is the technology expert of GHOST.

I'm hoping for it to be a split POV between the twins. Rose the hardcore badass sarcastic trouble child and Aiden her dorky 1 minute younger twin who is a sappy bookworm sweetheart.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Ron and vegan bacon. :)
ETA: MA - It was last Thursday's episode.

XD Love that episode! Ron and Chris doing that cook-off and Ron won. Of course, Ron won though because he's Ron freaking Swanson.

Probably my favorite episode on Parks would have to be the one where they all take that hunting trip. I never laughed so hard. And how Ron got shoot in the back of the head and he still made it because he's Ron Swanson, lol.

Ally, the fact that this guy, Jack, has the nickname of Casper and he is the leader of GHOST makes me want to read this. I need this in front of me now, please.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's really deep, Ally. It must been really hard for Rose to have to fight against her own boyfriend in a war of all things. :<

Alcide is freaking awesome. His southern accent is not cringe-worthy and he's a werewolf. Yum, yum, yum.

Mystery, do you at least know which season it's from? Maybe that can narrow it down?

Hehe. The guy who plays him is from Pittsburgh (my hometown :D) So while his southern accent is sexy, his real accent well...let's just say that all of us Pittsburghers tend to sound a little nasally lol

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Very neat idea, Ally!

I've been wanting to come up with a YA romance SNI with a babysitter as the MC (inspired by the show Jessie on the Disney Channel lol). I'm thinking the LI will be the young children's much older stepbrother who moves in. Still need a conflict though lol

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Very neat idea, Ally!

I've been wanting to come up with a YA romance SNI with a babysitter as the MC (inspired by the show Jessie on the Disney Channel lol). I'm thinking the LI will be the young children's much older stepbrother who moves in. Still need a conflict though lol

There could be terrible snow storm that traps them in the house while the parents are away. lol

But it sounds like you could do a lot with this. I can picture many awkward moments where the MC accidentally catches the stepbrother with no shirt on. Okay...you have to write this! :D

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
He does have a hot accent. I think all accents are pretty hot in their own way. ;) And thanks. A shiny new idea? How clever, lol.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
XD Love that episode! Ron and Chris doing that cook-off and Ron won. Of course, Ron won though because he's Ron freaking Swanson.

Probably my favorite episode on Parks would have to be the one where they all take that hunting trip. I never laughed so hard. And how Ron got shoot in the back of the head and he still made it because he's Ron Swanson, lol.

Ally, the fact that this guy, Jack, has the nickname of Casper and he is the leader of GHOST makes me want to read this. I need this in front of me now, please.

I'm glad you like it! Yeah although i have it all planed out, characters and plot, i'm not going to write it for a while sadly. I'm really falling in love with the characters already though.

Wanna see what they look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.