Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Mario)))

Madder, I think Farrah hair is in -- not where I live, but in California. All those Beverly Hills and Orange County housewives have it, and there's a new sitcom where the female lead looks almost exactly like Jaclyn Smith (definitely a good thing).

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
"My mid grade that crashed and burned (it's currently being used to keep that lopsided table over there balanced, the one that had part of its leg chewed off by a hell hound) had no less that five comments from eds saying they'd *just* signed something similar."
THIS! THIS THIS THIS! THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME MADDER! It was so frustrating!!!!

{{Madder}} Ack to the R and the Farrah Fawcett do :(

{Ink} I'm feeling dead curious today, can you rep me what that agent said? Glad they replied to your question, even if the news did suck

{Mario}

And eew eew EEW to cat pee slippers! Damn Madder you're batting a million today :(

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Mario)))

(((Madder)))

So, as I whined in purgatory, a water main broke by us yesterday. We've been without water at home since yesterday evening. Plus the town was jackhammering up the street right outside our bedroom window all last night to fix it (9-10, p.m., 1-2 a.m., 4-5 a.m., so not kidding, wtf?), so I got no sleep. Am at work, exhausted and stinky because of the lack of showering.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit

{{{Madder}}}

{{{Mario}}}

And a *pinch my nose* then {{{Ink}}}

As I mentioned yesterday, I got another Full R. That puts me down to 2 fulls oustanding, which aren't promising. I'm almost in Ink's boat about what to revise, but the thing is, 2 of the 3 Full Rs were form so they're no help and the one I got yesterday only commented on the first chapter. So, obviously, the agent didn't read the full. The thing is, I attached the first chapter to the original query so if it had been an issue the agent should have just rejected the query.

Oh well, it's all BS anyway.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Steve, that makes no sense to request a full and then reject it after having only read one chapter if you attached the first 3 with the query.

I'm sorry ink but you telling us about being stinky made me snicker DON"T KILL ME!
That sucks about your water and WTF with their repair schedule?? So your city's solution to fixing the problem, essentially, is to work on it ALL NIGHT ensuring that no one gets any sleep AND they're unwashed? fail!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Another day in the pit.

Ink, that sucks about the night work. Did they fix the thing?

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, ugh. That's not much help.

I'm really hoping we will have water by the time I get home from work. Or I will be most unhappy. And might need to get a motel room for the night.

Soul, I figure the town needs to fix the pipe asap so I can't blame them for working all night. Just sucked that it was right outside. Probably sucked just as much for the workers too - one of the coldest nights we've had this winter and it was snowing. (I'll feel more sympathetic if I can shower when I get home.)

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
random mumbley pit post.

2nd book has yet to be reviewed and it's been out for nearly a month... 1st book was reviewed three times by the time I got the cover art -- they're with different publishers yes, but damn, silence is worse than a shitty review. :(

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Cheeky))) Does your pub submit for consideration, or is that something you do? Is this a busier time of year for releases maybe?

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
I'm about to find out which sites they've sent out to so I can start sending a few of my own (or request the pub to send reviews to sites. )
It's just frustrating.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Ink, I can see your point. It's gotta be done and for sure the workers weren't happy about it. I guess it's just one of those random shitty situations where no one's happy.

{cheeky}

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Madder, I think Farrah hair is in -- not where I live, but in California. All those Beverly Hills and Orange County housewives have it, and there's a new sitcom where the female lead looks almost exactly like Jaclyn Smith (definitely a good thing).

:) Slight correction, I'm from Cal (Northern) and Farrah hair is only in down south. this state is so huge that I think we should split into two.....

On the writing front, I send the Agent who requested my book in SEPTEMBER a nudge since she doesn't do "no response means no". Nothing. So then I lied and said that I have another agent who is interested in my book, maybe give her a slightly harder nudge one way or the other. Nothing!!!!!

And I came home with a cold from The Boyfriend.

:( yays...............

The only good thing is my computer is back up and running. The power supply died, so I had to replace it.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
{{Leigh}} an agent has had my ms (partial) since October or November. I haven't nudged yet 'cause since they requested it I've totally re hauled it. But now I'm wondering if I even want to contact them. I'm assuming it's an R at this point and I'm wondering if I should bother wasting time to contact someone so inconsiderate? I'm just glad it didn't turn into an offer for rep which I accepted and THEN they chose to ignore me *shudder*

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh))) I don't think it hurts to nudge but saying there's agent interest is sort of like an ultimatum -- you've got to mean it.

Maggotinis for all.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
So, as I whined in purgatory, a water main broke by us yesterday. We've been without water at home since yesterday evening. Plus the town was jackhammering up the street right outside our bedroom window all last night to fix it (9-10, p.m., 1-2 a.m., 4-5 a.m., so not kidding, wtf?), so I got no sleep. Am at work, exhausted and stinky because of the lack of showering.

If I'm understanding yesterday's Purgatory thread correctly you could stick sanitary napkins all over your body to hide the smell. (Thank you, Happy Camper for blowing my mind!)

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
(((Cheeky&Leigh)))

Soul! I know. I still feel if it had been good enough then one of the other pubs would have snapped it up as competition or to ride on the coattails of one of the other books' successes. I was told very nicely that books set in a foreign country are a wee bit hard to sell (at first). After you get your foot in the door, they're easier to place.

Status
Not open for further replies.