R.I.P. Brian Bradshaw

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Brian Bradshaw is one of thirteen U.S. servicemen to have been killed in action in Afghanistan since the death of Michael Jackson. I regret that I don't know either his affiliation or his rank, but that is somewhat inconsequential. Given the orgy of conspicuous celeb photo-ops that has accompanied the "memorial" for MJ, I thought it might be useful to recognize Bradshaw, and the other twelve, whose names I don't know. Al Sharpton and Usher and the others probably won't be showing up for Brian Bradshaw's funeral.

And kudos to Fox News for providing me this information. I don't agree with much that outfit does, and it's possible other networks provided similar information, but if they did, I didn't see it. Fox got this one right.

caw

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
AMEN!
C

Brian Bradshaw is one of thirteen U.S. servicemen to have been killed in action in Afghanistan since the death of Michael Jackson. I regret that I don't know either his affiliation or his rank, but that is somewhat inconsequential. Given the orgy of conspicuous celeb photo-ops that has accompanied the "memorial" for MJ, I thought it might be useful to recognize Bradshaw, and the other twelve, whose names I don't know. Al Sharpton and Usher and the others probably won't be showing up for Brian Bradshaw's funeral.

And kudos to Fox News for providing me this information. I don't agree with much that outfit does, and it's possible other networks provided similar information, but if they did, I didn't see it. Fox got this one right.

caw

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
May I add the Canadian soldiers who passed away this week?

July 6 – Master Cpl. Pat Audet, 38, of the 430 Tactical Helicopter Squadron and Cpl. Martin Joannette, 25 of the 3e Bataillon, Royal 22e Regiment. Military officials say it was a coalition helicopter that crashed at a U.S. base in Zabul province, about 80 km northeast of Kandahar where the bulk of Canadian troops are based. Insurgents were not involved in the incident.

July 4 - Master Cpl. Charles-Philippe Michaud, 28, passed away in Quebec City from injuries he suffered from stepping on a mine on June 23. He was from Edmundston, N.B. Michaud did not regain consciousness from wounds he sustained in the bomb attack in Afghanistan. He was serving with the 2nd Battalion of the Royal 22nd Regiment (also known as the Van Doos), based at CFB Valcartier, near Quebec City.

July 3 - Cpl. Nick Bulger, 30, of 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, killed when his light armoured vehicle struck a roadside bomb seconds after it was narrowly missed by the senior commander of coalition forces in Kandahar province. Canadian Brig.-Gen. Jonathan Vance was not hurt.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest this site: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/

You will see Brian's photo there as well as a short bio along with other recently fallen heros that have served our country. Brian was a handsome lad. . . .

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I heard a guy on the radio ask a question: what would it have taken to cut in to the MJ stuff? Would the networks have broken into the coverage to report an attack on Pearl Harbor?

Godspeed, Brian.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The excessive Michael Jackson coverage has been appalling.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
The excessive Michael Jackson coverage has been appalling.

I'm so sick of it!

May I put in a word for the Brits killed too.

Lt Col Thorneloe

Trooper Hammond

Pvt Laws

Lance Corp. Dennis

Lance Corp Elson

Captain Babington-Brown

One more ( yet to be named) the seventh in the last week

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sick of it!

May I put in a word for the Brits killed too.

Lt Col Thorneloe

Trooper Hammond

Pvt Laws

Lance Corp. Dennis

Lance Corp Elson

Captain Babington-Brown

One more ( yet to be named) the seventh in the last week

Heroes all. May they never be forgotten. . . .

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
May I add the Canadian soldiers who passed away this week?

July 6 – Master Cpl. Pat Audet, 38, of the 430 Tactical Helicopter Squadron and Cpl. Martin Joannette, 25 of the 3e Bataillon, Royal 22e Regiment. Military officials say it was a coalition helicopter that crashed at a U.S. base in Zabul province, about 80 km northeast of Kandahar where the bulk of Canadian troops are based. Insurgents were not involved in the incident.

July 4 - Master Cpl. Charles-Philippe Michaud, 28, passed away in Quebec City from injuries he suffered from stepping on a mine on June 23. He was from Edmundston, N.B. Michaud did not regain consciousness from wounds he sustained in the bomb attack in Afghanistan. He was serving with the 2nd Battalion of the Royal 22nd Regiment (also known as the Van Doos), based at CFB Valcartier, near Quebec City.

July 3 - Cpl. Nick Bulger, 30, of 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, killed when his light armoured vehicle struck a roadside bomb seconds after it was narrowly missed by the senior commander of coalition forces in Kandahar province. Canadian Brig.-Gen. Jonathan Vance was not hurt.

:( I read the complete list since the war started and it makes me very sad.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
:( I read the complete list since the war started and it makes me very sad.

I'm on the Highway of Heroes every time the motorcade goes through Toronto. I see them all go by. See all the people standing on the overpasses saluting them. See all the police, mounties, firemen standing guard as they go by. It's extremely gut wrenching every single time.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the Highway of Heroes every time the motorcade goes through Toronto. I see them all go by. See all the people standing on the overpasses saluting them. See all the police, mounties, firemen standing guard as they go by. It's extremely gut wrenching every single time.

Just before last Christmas one of the news stations did a slideshow of pics of the soldiers that passed away last year. It was heartwrenching.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I pray every day for my cousin, who is over there. Every morning when I switch on the news and hear, "another Canadian soldier has died"...my mind goes mad. I don't know why I'm relieved when I hear it's not his name. they're all somebody's cousin.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I pray every day for my cousin, who is over there. Every morning when I switch on the news and hear, "another Canadian soldier has died"...my mind goes mad. I don't know why I'm relieved when I hear it's not his name. they're all somebody's cousin.

That has to be bad and I soooooooooooo feel for all the families involved in this and the friends.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It can't be helped, Kev. I worried and fretted while my brother was over in Iraq and couldn't relax until he was home. And then, still, I flinch every time I hear about more casualties, people who didn't make it home safe and sound.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Another 8 Brits killed today. Gods alive, this is getting more terrible by the day
It can't be helped, Kev. I worried and fretted while my brother was over in Iraq and couldn't relax until he was home.

I was like that when I dated an army guy during the Troubles and he was posted to NI. Almost afraid to watch the news. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I saw the motorcade carrying the two soldiers killed in the helicopter accident go by yesterday on the 401. The overpasses were overfilled...I think one of the biggest turnouts I ever saw.

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Here's one that I thought was particularly poignant. It's about two 18 year old British soldiers and what happened on their first day of action in Afghanistan. I'm not sure about the US troops that are out there, but all of the UK ones are part of the "professional" army. But I, for one didn't realise that we were sending kids out there. Link below (and apologies for using the Daily Mail again)...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...18-day-action-Afghanistan-wounded-killed.html

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Grace under pressure - there's so much to be proud of in these guys

(Across the field, pinned down with 6 Platoon, I had heard this incredibly calm soldier report over the radio: 'I need a heli[copter]. I think I have lost a leg.')